What is the powerband/power curve like on DMC aliens and 916?

Jayy

Hello, everyone. While I try to make up my mind on my a arms set up, I am also debating which pipe to go with. I am riding trails and track, and I know PT mids are supposed to be the bomb for this, but they are too expensive and I am sort of interested in the DMCs. I am wondering what the Aliens would be like on an otherwise stock engine with a pro design uni intake system and no other mods. Is there more low end than stock? Is the powerband smooth or violent? Is there any difference in the power between aliens or the 916 muffler system? Thanks in advance for replies.

Hello, everyone. While I try to make up my mind on my a arms set up, I am also debating which pipe to go with. I am riding trails and track, and I know PT mids are supposed to be the bomb for this, but they are too expensive and I am sort of interested in the DMCs. I am wondering what the Aliens would be like on an otherwise stock engine with a pro design uni intake system and no other mods. Is there more low end than stock? Is the powerband smooth or violent? Is there any difference in the power between aliens or the 916 muffler system? Thanks in advance for replies.

the power is pretty smooth. there is a bit of a mid range hit. there is more low end than stock and way more up top. great pipes. the 916's sound sick. i would go with them.

Thanks, guys. Anyone else have experience with them? Are they ridiculiously loud like Toomeys? Is there a difference in how the power comes on between aliens and 916 exhaust? I know the pipes are the same, what effect does the muffler(s) have?

I bought the DMC 916's in Feb 03. They were my first mod. They do sound like a street bike and are quieter then Toomeys. I felt an improvement with every single mod since then. They don't lose any bottom end, they come on very strong on the midrange, and pull very nice all the way up. I ride trails alot and spend most of the time in the trails under powerband. When the trail opens up and you get into it, they don't bog out or leave you waiting for that kick in the ass. I also do some friendly drag and steep hillclimbs and in no way do they lack in either department. They are a great all-around pipe.

As far as durability, the pipes are polished stainless steel. They don't rust or turn blue by the cylinders. The darkest they get is gold and polish gets rid of that. The silencer is aluminum and polishes to a mirror finish. They still look great after four years of rock rash, mud, and road salt. The only thing i've replaced are the silicone sleeves that seal the connection between the pipes and the tubes. By the way, they designed the connection to be behind the frame so you don't see them! Four years later and they're STILL quiet. The only problem I had was that the pipes sorta warped a small spot on either side of the airbox. It's a spot, not a hole, and it was low enough so that it did not mess up the alignment or seal for the airbox lid.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

i aliens them on my dune port stock cylinders and love them. great power band and i know 2 people that have them on 4 mil cubs motard banshees and they go hard

Does the powerband go from a dead low end to a violent mid range kick, or is it a smoother transition that build from dead bottom and picks up smoothly in the midrange? Are the Aliens rediculious loud or tolerable? Thanks for your help!

Does the powerband go from a dead low end to a violent mid range kick, or is it a smoother transition that build from dead bottom and picks up smoothly in the midrange? Are the Aliens rediculious loud or tolerable? Thanks for your help!

Not trying to be a dick Jayy, but go up to the top of this post and read through it, your Q's have been answered a couple times! Buy the fuckers already!!! :beer:

Thank you, That kind of info is a big help. Could the stingers be wraped in high temp exhaust wrap beside the airbox to prevent warping or melting?

I guess you could wrap the pipe in heat wrap but the only thing that happened to the airbox was a little warpage; no big deal. Unless you ride in deep water or serious mud, you would benefit running with the lid off anyway. I could care less what happens to my airbox. It's basically a shield from the bad stuff. Good luck.

Not trying to be a dick Jayy, but go up to the top of this post and read through it, your Q's have been answered a couple times! Buy the fuckers already!!! :beer:

I'm not trying to be a dick either black sunshine, but I would rather hear more than one persons opinion before throwing down several hundred dollars when I live in an area where nobody has a banshee with DMCs for me to try before buying. I have to earn my money, I consider what I do with it carefully! Opinions vary greatly from one person to another on the same product, I like to make an informed decision. When I am done with that, I WILL buy the fuckers!

these pipes are way underrated. great all around pipe. excellent mid range and awesome sound (916). patriot racing recommends these pipes for thier hot trail engine package. again these are similar in power delivery to a t-5 toomey.