Oil Leak

Took the shee out the other day and it's spilling oil out of the vent line that comes out of the crank case and runs up by the gas tank. At first I thought it was leveling itself out but its keeps pouring out. What would cause this?

i just had that same problem....i checked my tranny oil and it was a bit high so i pulled the plug and changed the oil....also i think if ur bike starts too overheat it may puke a little....but correct me if im wrong someone

do you store your bike standing on its back wheels? when you say it spert out oil. how much are we talking? small amount continuose? you have pressure built up in there and that hose is venting it out but you probly have too much oil and its coming out with it or you store your bike up right and its pushing out what got in the hose from that

do you store your bike standing on its back wheels? when you say it spert out oil. how much are we talking? small amount continuose? you have pressure built up in there and that hose is venting it out but you probly have too much oil and its coming out with it or you store your bike up right and its pushing out what got in the hose from that

No it is stored on all 4 wheels. And when I ride it the oil only comes out if its hot. And its not alot just enough to pour out all over the pipes and when I park it it'll leave a puddle about the 3 inches in diameter on the ground. but Ive run it really hot before and Ive never had this problem up until the other weekend

do a leak down test. you could have a blown seal on the wet side of your crank and it's letting pressure into the transmission and clutch area.the vent at the back of the case is so high that i cant see it being the culprit. i'd focus on the vent tube at the front of the clutch cover. if you didnt overfill it then i cant think of any other reason it would be pushing oil out of the vent tube. bad ring's will usualy blow-by back into the crank area so it would have to be that crank seal or a bad seal between the crankcase area and the tranny... or something to that effect. i'd still do a leak down test.

If it is coming from the crankcase to the tranny case there will be fuel odor in the tranny oil. there should be no reason for the trans case to build pressure.

With the bike idling take out the dipstick and see if it is "puffing" or smoking out of the hole. that will help determine if the case is leaking pressure.

Well i would have to say maybe to much oil...Just like if you put to much oil in a vehicle motor it will blow all the seals and screw up everything. How much oil did you put in it? If you rode it for a long time like that maybe you should check the seals too.