I AM SO F'N PISSED

ok so my 07 bansee that is 100% stock isnt runnng right

it has only 7 hours on it and we did a proper break in on it.

it goes like this, i kick it over 20 times and it only would start with full choke on then i let it warm up well that didnt happen it just died right away and i had to pop start it to get it going again

well i got it going and i had to hold the throttle atleast at half for it to stay running and like holding it dead still it would go down in rpms and then shoot back up and then make a farting puff noise and go down and up etc.

well i changed the plugs and it fired up first kick then died ... gt it going again and the right side was smoking alot and had good amount of preasure coming out the exhaust but the left side had hardly any preasure and just kept makingthe puff sound every so often and it would slowly get better at idling then it would just kill itself.

so then i started messing with the TORS screw and it did nothing and i just put them back to where the were.

i took it riding 15 days ago or so and it was running perfect i could kick it sitting down and it would idle perfect then i go home washed it and put it away, till oday when i was attempting to pull it around back it did what i said above, i did absolutly nothing over the 15 days when i finished riding it

its runnng yamalube 2r at like 30:1 i know little heavy but it well be runnng 32:1 next tank

so me and my dad (yes my dad, im only 14) stood there trying to think of what it could be so this is what we came up with

1. The gas might be bad (1 1/2 months old)

2. The TORS

3. The stator or plug wires

4. its not getting any or enough gas/oil from the pick-up bowls

sorry for bad grammar and spelling im so pissed im saking.

Thanks you alot for any help.

Mike

ok so my 07 bansee that is 100% stock isnt runnng right

it has only 7 hours on it and we did a proper break in on it.

it goes like this, i kick it over 20 times and it only would start with full choke on then i let it warm up well that didnt happen it just died right away and i had to pop start it to get it going again

well i got it going and i had to hold the throttle atleast at half for it to stay running and like holding it dead still it would go down in rpms and then shoot back up and then make a farting puff noise and go down and up etc.

well i changed the plugs and it fired up first kick then died ... gt it going again and the right side was smoking alot and had good amount of preasure coming out the exhaust but the left side had hardly any preasure and just kept makingthe puff sound every so often and it would slowly get better at idling then it would just kill itself.

so then i started messing with the TORS screw and it did nothing and i just put them back to where the were.

i took it riding 15 days ago or so and it was running perfect i could kick it sitting down and it would idle perfect then i go home washed it and put it away, till oday when i was attempting to pull it around back it did what i said above, i did absolutly nothing over the 15 days when i finished riding it

its runnng yamalube 2r at like 30:1 i know little heavy but it well be runnng 32:1 next tank

so me and my dad (yes my dad, im only 14) stood there trying to think of what it could be so this is what we came up with

1. The gas might be bad (1 1/2 months old)

2. The TORS

3. The stator or plug wires

4. its not getting any or enough gas/oil from the pick-up bowls

sorry for bad grammar and spelling im so pissed im saking.

Thanks you alot for any help.

Mike

actually if you want my opinion its none of the above.......

it sounds to me like you may have a grain of dirt or sand in a main jet

pull the carb off on the side that is spitting and pull out the main jet and clean it and the rest of the carb throughly.

ill almost bet that solves the problem

Dan

are you sure thats what it might be because i washed it then rode it and put it away it it was fine and i have never pulled a carb before.

if its what you think then i well if i have to

ill see what ohter guys think on here

i dont know what i would do without this site and you guys on it.

anybody else wanna help?

thanks alot

ok thanks guys

i might as well do it next weekend after the long weekend and i could order a TOS removal kit too since the carbs are off

what should my jets be and what clip?

my elavation is 3800 ft at 10-30 degrees celcius

it burp and farts mostly on the left side but sometimes on the right so how could both get plugged up in only 7 hours of ridin it?

there are alot of people on here that are smarter than i am but i would think about draining your gas... and here's why i say that. you said it ran just fine until you washed it right? then after you washed it you drove it to put it away and everything was still fine. then it set for 15 days. i'm thinking you got water in your gas while you were washing it and after you let it sit the water got to the bottom of the tank and is now in your carbs.

that's just my guess though.

also the gas line goes straight down to the left carb. water is heavier than gas so that might explain why it is only happening in the left side. like i said just my guess.

Edited by nunyabinness

anything helps and i well probably start with draining my gas and running it until the good gas goes in

thanks alot

sounds like a clog to me too. if you have a stock filter, it will let crap through with no problem. especially if you didnt oil it or use an outerware. Get a thin wire like a high e guitar sting or something and poke through ALL your jet holes and spray em out with carb cleaner and blow em out with compressed air.

well...me and my dad decided to do process of elimination and so we start with spark, we had plenty then we thought well lets put new gas in it and this is where it starts to get ugly...we go to empty the tank and pull the hose of the tank to the carbs...no gas in it what so ever so we put it back on to the tank on/off/res switch and turn the gas to ON and nothing well then i thought the filter is clogged but then i hit it over to RES on the gas tank switch by accident and boom gas come out well we empty it all uot and put new gas in and i get on it and pump the throttle about 5 times and kick it and i have never heard my stock banshee sound so good to me

i guess im not used to telling how much gas is in my tank yet.

so my dad calls me loser for now on and i tell him to just forget about this day for the rest of his and my life

thanks for all who helped

im going to go kill myself now lmao just kidding

:confused: :biggrin:

Now use this as a lesson on how to control your temper. next time you have any problems with the quad, don't get "f'n pissed", but instead try to use the basic troubleshooting techniques and a little common sense. Funny story tho.... funny as in.... you wrote up a thread and it turns out you were just outta gas.... classic. :biggrin: