Long travel suspension in rear what should i get

fasstbanshee

Hey guys on my 06 banshee last weekend i went riding in the sand pits in Maine and i ride them hard hitting the base of some sick climbs, well i blew my rear stock shock completely and it only is 7 mo old. i have +4 lsr arms with axis shock and i want to know what is a good shock for the rear i am really leaning towards the elka longtravel to get the 12" that will be sweet when i am hammering the woods and the climbs. but are there any other good brands that make the long travel for the rear. the price is pretty crazy but i want to go with something i can depend on..what do you guys recommend and does anyone have something used.

If you will just but a new rear shock you will get more travel. The swing-arm can drop down a lot more than the stock shock allows. I raced mine with a stock rebuild by Elka in the rear and it would bottom and wasn't as nice as it could have been but the Elka ZPS shocks make more of a difference than you would think. When did LoneStar start making +4 a-arms? I thought they just made +2's.

any one on this site get a good deal on new elka shock long travel for rear. the best i can find is 1245.00 free shipping

Washburn has sold alot of elkas to members here but i think hes not selling anymore for awhile but not forsure.

well i was told from a member on the site (lsr axis shee) here that they were +4 and they are definetly lsr. they very well could be +3 . very happy with them. and the axis shock got form the same memeber and they made a huge difference. i will have to look into doing a measurement this is the first time i've been told this.

I ordered the rear elka elite long travel shock friday and they will start making it monday. they told me 2 weeks till its at my door. i am going to post a pic on this thread and in the pic section when i put it on. i am still using the stock swingarm i was going to shorten it but i have no complaint witht the stock size.

Washburn has sold alot of elkas to members here but i think hes not selling anymore for awhile but not forsure.

i did talk to washburn and he said that he wasn't making any orders with elka at this time. and that he couldn't get the shock for less than what i was getting it for. i got the shock off atv galaxy on ebay

• 2 weeks later...