The Lawnmower blade always wins

were you pulling stuck grass out of the side discharge chute? i had a buddy do that years ago and his shit looked just like yours!

i figured after looking at it maybe shutting the mower off would be better than stubby fingers. kinda hard to grab clutch or brake handle with nubs.plus its harder to pick your nose!!!!!!!!!!

glad it is still there(your finger) :biggrin:

I have a deck washing nozzle installed on the mowedeck so after cutting i just hook up a hose and run the blades and the water cleans the underside of the mower deck.Well earlier that day i sharpened the blades and noticed the deck had a little build up of old grass, after cutting the grass i did the normal deck washing.I flipped the lever to disengage the blades and walked over to turn the waterhose off as I returned to the mower I noticed the belt slowing to a stop, so when the belt completly stopped I reached up under the deck to check for grass clippings.Well guess what the belt stopped but the blades were still free spinning.I was in a rush to pick up the kids at school and wasn't thinking when i did it.I was just tring to hurry and rush ,see what that shit got me.Anyways I ended having to drive myself to the emergency room,passing right by my kids at school on the way,but i couldn't stop.I was fuckin passing out driving to the hospital.Dr. said I won't be able to feel shit in my finger tip but I am lucky that it has blood flow and I should be able to keep it....

That hurts to look at... looks like my arm after I slipped and stabbed it last year... 10 stitches... How many did you get in there?

That hurts to look at... looks like my arm after I slipped and stabbed it last year... 10 stitches... How many did you get in there?

Its hard to tell because of the color of the area around it.That part of the finger was actually cut off and just hanging on by a little skin.The surgeon put a pin thru the top of my finger that hopefully will help the bone heal.I had it wrapped up in a towel when i arrived at the emergency room and as the nurse peeled the towel back I noticed that the severed tip of my finger was pointing back towards the nuckles,I freaked and said oh shit its cut off.I grabbed the towel and tightly wrapped it back up and told her i would need a shot before we go any farther.Everthing was pretty cool until i saw the finger all fucked up.

Its hard to tell because of the color of the area around it.That part of the finger was actually cut off and just hanging on by a little skin.The surgeon put a pin thru the top of my finger that hopefully will help the bone heal.I had it wrapped up in a towel when i arrived at the emergency room and as the nurse peeled the towel back I noticed that the severed tip of my finger was pointing back towards the nuckles,I freaked and said oh shit its cut off.I grabbed the towel and tightly wrapped it back up and told her i would need a shot before we go any farther.Everthing was pretty cool until i saw the finger all fucked up.

HAHA thats only funny cause thats exactly how I would have been!