t-maxx

alf44

So i got my t-maxx 3.3 the other day and after i got it broke in.. which takes longer than breaking in a new shee... I got a chance to see what this thing can do. Holy Crap this thing is fast! 45mph out of the box! Way to much fun and it runs on pure nitro. Almost smells as good as my shee. I was just curious if anyone else has got to experience this Nitro truck craze. Time too start modding my new 2 stroke!! Let me no if you have a favorite parts place for these. :biggrin:

Edited by alf44

So i got my t-maxx 3.3 the other day and after i got it broke in.. which takes longer than breaking in a new shee... I got a chance to see what this thing can do. Holy Crap this thing is fast! 45mph out of the box! Way to much fun and it runs on pure nitro. Almost smells as good as my shee. I was just curious if anyone else has got to experience this Nitro truck craze. Time too start modding my new 2 stroke!! Let me no if you have a favorite parts place for these. :biggrin:

wait till ya get to the point youre buyin the .21 chassis and a picco .26 motor

then watch it go

35 ft table top.......no problem

first thing you wanna do to the new t-maxx is the robinson steel spur gear and the titanium cvd drive axles

because you WILL twist the axles like a candy cane stripe till it breaks

and the plastic spur gear will be gone in no time with a few new mods.....like a pipe :)

i dont know what youre running for fuel but when i ran a stock t-maxx i ran 20% traxxas fuel

and they make as much bling for these things as the do for a shee if not more

just look on fleabay :banghead:

the integy aluminum stuff is really good as far as quality goes as well

another good investment is a roll cage you can get em pretty cheap on fleabay too like $30.00 i think mine was

hope this helps....and yes these are MORE of a money pit then a banshee ever though of being

i had 2500.00 in mine before i woke up and sold it.......... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

every traxxas fuel I've ever gotten has foamed to much on me, was giving me a problem even running 2 filters to try to kill the foam.

Finally went to another fuel and my revo has been fine since.

Definitely get a fail safe, coolhead, and a pipe for it. It'll wake it up even more. If you tend to be heavy on the throttle and roll the thing on its back a lot from it grabbing, might think of getting wheelie bars, they help a lot

Kind of dirty in the pics. I have the HPI MT-2. 4x4 stadium truck. I have the .18 or 3.0cc O.S. TZ Turbo Engine in it. It goes like hell in the snow and sand with these paddle tires on all four. I got the steel spur gear, and heavy duity steel diff gears. The motor keeps twisting the main shaft that the spur gear mounts to. 2.3 Hp and has a usable rpm range of 5,000 to 40,000 RPM.

MT2_1.jpg

MT2_3.jpg

MT2_5.jpg

MT2_4.jpg

I just machined some billet arms for an HPI savage, and let me tell you it was a bad idea. now when my buddy wrecks his truck he'll break bulkheads instead of bending the stock plastic arms. so I guess the point is, update your internal parts before you go for billet arms and Ti knuckles.

i had a smaxx 2.5, like a yea ago, that thing was so much fun, but i always broke it so i9 traded it for a set of beadlocks :biggrin: that change the money problem. there is only room for one money pit in my life and that spot it taken by the shee.

Derick

Same here.. I had a T-maxx 2.5 but sold that motor quick cause it was a bitch to tune. I put a Sirio 3.0 and pipe in it with a inline filter. Did the forward only conversion (removed the reverse) and a bunch of other things to it. Truck was a MONSTER!! Only thing was I kept breaking things and dumping waaayy too much money into it.. Had to let it go but it was fun when it was working. Good luck!

Glad to hear you like that thing. I droped a good 5 grand on cars a couple years ago. I have a few that would blow your mind including my fully rece ready G4 0-65ish a whole 3 seconds haha. amazing little things to say the least. Hopefully ill be able to get them back up and running this summer and get video.

Just got a duratrax warhead, i can already tell this thing is guna be expensive to keep up!!! Not to mention the fuel is 30 bucks a gallon, ive been through 3 spur gears and havent even really opened her up!! next mod is the steel spur gear for sure!!