I'm gonna install a Case Saver

jayzx10r

Do you prefer one material or manufacturer over another when deciding on which Case Saver to purchase? I was leaning towards the plastic one myself, but there are plenty of Billet Aluminum Savers on (Fe)eBay for $25.00+as well as Modquad Plastic Savers on (Fe)eBay for $29.00+, so I'd like to get the one the consensus determines is material or manufacturer superior.

Thanks for your opinion, :thanks:

Jay From SanD.

I was just looking through a catalog and saw one made by T. M. DesignWorks that is made of plastic that seems to be a somewhat unique design. They claim that since it rests against the ignition cover it is an improved design by dispersing energy forces over a greater area, thereby offering superior protection.

I kind of like this one...

One negative associated with capitalism is...too many choices!! :smile:

Thanks again for your shared opinions

Jay From SanD.

I just bought the T.M. Designworks one.

I like the idea of it resting against the housing too. Those aluminum ones that look like they just bolt up with those 3 screws to the neutral switch triangle plate look like they could snap it off real easy. Just imagine your chain gets bound up in the case saver. The aluminum ones look like they would end up just bending and breaking the scews right off. The plastic one rests against the case. Plus the back of the case saver goes around the sprocket shaft. That is just one more way to support the top part of the case saver.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/xcart/custome...=255&page=1

case-saver-banshee.jpg

I like the one that I got from modquad. Even though it doesn't use the case to reinforce itself I don't think it would break easily. The chain rides close enough to it that I highly doubt it would be able to bunch up in there. The only problem is you cannot run a larger front sprocket unless you grind it out.

Edited by bonbon

When you break the chain it could bind right where it starts to enter the case saver. With no suport at the top of the case saver or behind it against the cases it is going to honk on that end of the case saver. It is going to put alot of pressure on those 3 small bolts at the bottom. Wether the bolst break, bend, or the bosses where the bolts go in to break or crack that all depends on if it binds and how fast your going at the time. I havent herd of a chain break when your slowing down. Chances are the damage is already going to be done by the time you realize something has happend..

I just bought the T.M. Designworks one.

I like the idea of it resting against the housing too. Those aluminum ones that look like they just bolt up with those 3 screws to the neutral switch triangle plate look like they could snap it off real easy. Just imagine your chain gets bound up in the case saver. The aluminum ones look like they would end up just bending and breaking the scews right off. The plastic one rests against the case. Plus the back of the case saver goes around the sprocket shaft. That is just one more way to support the top part of the case saver.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/xcart/custome...=255&page=1

case-saver-banshee.jpg

You just changed my mind, I'm going with those instead of the reg. design.. ( I've got a long way to go building these bikes before I get to that point..)

i tend to check my s... before i ride.... ie chain tension,look over suspension(cotter pins,bolts/nuts) missing stuff like carrier adj bolts.

but i bought the tm designworks. havent thrown a chain either. i like the way it fills the complete area where the chain can get bunched....

i havent had to use it, but my case aint broke either. i wannna keep it that way. :beer: