Rhino Line VS Powder Coat

schmie

I guess I just ride like a god damn maniac compared to most because my PC was chipping off and cracked in more than a few places not even a month after I had it done. Maybe it was just not done correctly but I will never PC a frame or suspension again. I will always be going with rhino-lining and chrome on everything from now on. Even if its heavier, I was not satisfied at all with the PC. Figured I would give it a shot and I won't ever do it again. I will sand-blast and get my frames rhino-lined every time. Its the only thing I've ever found that will hold up to how and where I ride. Rhino-lining can even be color-matched now, so I can still get the cool colors and the durability.

JMO

- Jared

I guess I just ride like a god damn maniac compared to most because my PC was chipping off and cracked in more than a few places not even a month after I had it done. Maybe it was just not done correctly but I will never PC a frame or suspension again. I will always be going with rhino-lining and chrome on everything from now on. Even if its heavier, I was not satisfied at all with the PC. Figured I would give it a shot and I won't ever do it again. I will sand-blast and get my frames rhino-lined every time. Its the only thing I've ever found that will hold up to how and where I ride. Rhino-lining can even be color-matched now, so I can still get the cool colors and the durability.

JMO

- Jared

How thick dose it end up being all said and done, do you have to remove material around motor mounts etc. how do you touch it up?

I have also had friends with bad luck with powder coating, like runs, chipping on several occasions, feul taking off the shine, etc., I've found on the bars under the seat it gets prety worn, almost as much as the factory paint, except you can't touch up PC. :ermm:

Edited by Shee-Male

JMO

- Jared

I am not much of a coatings expert, but I would guess that your shipping was from an ill-prpepared surface, trying to cure the PC too fast or at too high of temperature.

Of course, we all know that you ride like a maniac. :ohmy:

Has anyone looked into having a frame blued (like a gun barrel)? Several of the fancy Baja racers do that to their frames if they don't want to leave them bare.

JMO

- Jared

I would say it wasnt prepped right. I was telling the people who were going to PC my bros frame about what yours was doing, and they said it most likley was not prepped right, or cured right. Sucks, but thats probably what did it. :shrug:

PC is the way to go like was said prior if the prep is done correctly it will last a long time and is very very strong be picky about who you let do the work a lot of people say ya I PC stuff when in fact the don't have a f$%king clue good luck and post some pics when shee is done :thumbsup:

PC is the way to go like was said prior if the prep is done correctly it will last a long time and is very very strong be picky about who you let do the work a lot of people say ya I PC stuff when in fact the don't have a f$%king clue good luck and post some pics when shee is done :thumbsup:

I agree. :thumbsup:

Alright, what's better? I'm gonna redo the frame sometime and am wondering what I should go with. Either PC, Rhino Lining, or this stuff for guns called DuraCoat. I'm sure not many, if any, people have used the DuraCoat on a wheeler, but there have been people using rhino lining. I think the rhino will work better, I want something that won't polish off the a arms after 2 months like PC will. But if anyone likes guns, too, and some one has used DuraCoat on one, it'd be cool to hear about the results. It's supposed to be really durable for guns, but I know I take care of them more than a wheeler. Are there any other good options?

You cant powder coat the stock a-arms on a banshee. The oven will melt the nylon bushings in the ball joints.

You cant powder coat the stock a-arms on a banshee. The oven will melt the nylon bushings in the ball joints.

Not trying to start anything, but there was someone on here in a pervious post that did his stockers. He cured them with lamps instead of an oven.

I am not much of a coatings expert, but I would guess that your shipping was from an ill-prpepared surface, trying to cure the PC too fast or at too high of temperature.

Of course, we all know that you ride like a maniac. :ohmy:

Has anyone looked into having a frame blued (like a gun barrel)? Several of the fancy Baja racers do that to their frames if they don't want to leave them bare.

that sounds like trouble to me. the reason its used on guns is 1-looks 2-it doesnt add any material (a part will be exactly the same size before and after) but the problem with blueing is that it doesnt stop rust worth a shit, unless it is oiled, which isn't gonna cut it on the trail. a freshly blued componet will rust in a humid room within hours