Rhino Line VS Powder Coat

schmie

Alright, what's better? I'm gonna redo the frame sometime and am wondering what I should go with. Either PC, Rhino Lining, or this stuff for guns called DuraCoat. I'm sure not many, if any, people have used the DuraCoat on a wheeler, but there have been people using rhino lining. I think the rhino will work better, I want something that won't polish off the a arms after 2 months like PC will. But if anyone likes guns, too, and some one has used DuraCoat on one, it'd be cool to hear about the results. It's supposed to be really durable for guns, but I know I take care of them more than a wheeler. Are there any other good options?

not sure about the duracoat... the rhino lining is heavy but works for sure... as far as pc coming off your arms.. who ever told you that is freakin high... pc is one of the best ways to coat a frame that will last for a very very long time... pc is thick and doesnt chip crack or scratch like paint does... if you want something without gloss they have many differant flat colors they can do and not put a clear over them...talk to kaotic sp? he works at a shop that dose all that he would be your best source

not sure about the duracoat... the rhino lining is heavy but works for sure... as far as pc coming off your arms.. who ever told you that is freakin high... pc is one of the best ways to coat a frame that will last for a very very long time... pc is thick and doesnt chip crack or scratch like paint does... if you want something without gloss they have many differant flat colors they can do and not put a clear over them...talk to kaotic sp? he works at a shop that dose all that he would be your best source

My buddy bought a brand new LTR450 with PC'd frame and arms from the factory, and within a couple months, after drivin through grass and fields and stuff the PC polished right off to bare metal. It also came off where his boot rubs on the frame. So I dunno if the factory went cheaper than what a shop would put on or if it's not actually PC'd. Or just the dealership was fillin my buddy full o shit.

My frame is rhino lined. It is strong and all, but does not look nearly as good as paint or PC. It get dirty and always looks dirty even after cleaning it. I am going to paint a frame next year for my bike, just purley for looks sake. Best thing about paint is if it wears off, redo it. Its cheap and looks great.

My buddy bought a brand new LTR450 with PC'd frame and arms from the factory, and within a couple months, after drivin through grass and fields and stuff the PC polished right off to bare metal. It also came off where his boot rubs on the frame. So I dunno if the factory went cheaper than what a shop would put on or if it's not actually PC'd. Or just the dealership was fillin my buddy full o shit.

yes they are full shit, its not pc... every factory bike is dipped in a big ass bucket of paint just liek cars... they are built on an assembly line... my wifes 07 yfz450 is the same way... hitting small rocks and what not will wear right through it and expose the metal...

see if you cant find someone in your area with pc done and take a look at it you will notice that it is layed on very thick.... everyone i know with pc rides in sand rocks dirt mud bushes you name it... not a single problem with it becasue its so strong...

Not really sure I understand what you are asking but, I will try and help you out here.

The bed liner stuff never really cures to the point where it is hard, it stays a rubbery texture and it is very heavy. The good news of it all, you can just get a rattle can to touch it up. If this is you desired texture then you can get a wrinkle coating. There are a few colors to go from but here is black.

IMG_6756.JPG

If your PC wears off in a few rides there is some kind of issue, unless you are just dragging the entire ride on rocks, and I mean litterally dragging. There are a few bikes at my shop with belly pans that only have scratches on them, and they are riden every weekend, through mud, rocks, trails, and roads. The best thing yo do is ask the coater the process in which they use, some will only sandblast then coat, others bake, blast then coat. Others will leave the cleaning up to you, prep. is everything...

Should you have any other queastions feel free to ask, I don't mind answering them.

not sure about the duracoat... the rhino lining is heavy but works for sure... as far as pc coming off your arms.. who ever told you that is freakin high... pc is one of the best ways to coat a frame that will last for a very very long time... pc is thick and doesnt chip crack or scratch like paint does... if you want something without gloss they have many differant flat colors they can do and not put a clear over them...talk to kaotic sp? he works at a shop that does all that he would be your best source

Rhino Lining is frakin heavy when compared to PC. I am not sure the guy was high when he told you about PC, but they are certainly clinically retarded and may benefit from being beaten with a shovel. :thumbsup:

Rhino Lining is frakin heavy when compared to PC. I am not sure the guy was high when he told you about PC, but they are certainly clinically retarded and may benefit from being beaten with a shovel. :thumbsup:

lol your loving the clinically retarded statments now hu ? :biggrin: