no spark

ok here goes my buddy bought a 88 shee had to rebuild top end got the motor running good then it started popping out left pipe and now it wont start no spark it has new coil and stator tors gone junk anyway checked harness ok by passed kill switch still no spark put his cdi on my shee runs fine also new it is an ajustable timing plate set at 0 but with both plugs out still no spark any clues thanks :blink::huh:

If it is NOT the coil, CDI box, stator or the wireing harness. The next think to check is the flywheel. Take it off and swich with a friends flywheel. Or take the flywheel off and shake it. You might hear sompthing broke inside of it. Also check to see if your voltage regulator is pluged in. (silver box next to CDI box)

the plug caps have resistors in them and the go bad easy. swap plug caps with your bike and see what happens.

i think th coil is bad but its new the tests in the clymer boom show secondary readings but i get nothing on that side but primary reads perfect and same with caps off

i think th coil is bad but its new the tests in the clymer boom show secondary readings but i get nothing on that side but primary reads perfect and same with caps off

I am having the exact same problem with mine New coil with no resistance on the secondary leads (Is this the problem?) I built it over the winter finally got it together and had it running for a couple of minuts then it died and got no spark. Please help I'm dieing to ride it for the first time . ((If the coil is bad from the factory is there ANY chance of a refund or exchange from them))

I am having the exact same problem with mine New coil with no resistance on the secondary leads (Is this the problem?) I built it over the winter finally got it together and had it running for a couple of minuts then it died and got no spark. Please help I'm dieing to ride it for the first time . ((If the coil is bad from the factory is there ANY chance of a refund or exchange from them))

well we got a ricky stator ignition coil after he boutgh it and it ran now it has no spark so we replaced the stator with a ricky stator 100 watt stator and still no spark one question is what is the timing supposed to be set at we have it at 0 next i know that if we read across the secondary leads we have resistance but nothing from the primary to the secondary next the cdi is good like i said i put it on my bike and mine ran fine im going to go through the harness tonight and double check it also since the old stator read fine on the meter what else would be takeing the coils out both coils were on the old stator and the fly wheel i havent checked yet but i am going to take mine off and put it on his any other ideas would be great guys

well we got a ricky stator ignition coil after he boutgh it and it ran now it has no spark so we replaced the stator with a ricky stator 100 watt stator and still no spark one question is what is the timing supposed to be set at we have it at 0 next i know that if we read across the secondary leads we have resistance but nothing from the primary to the secondary next the cdi is good like i said i put it on my bike and mine ran fine im going to go through the harness tonight and double check it also since the old stator read fine on the meter what else would be takeing the coils out both coils were on the old stator and the fly wheel i havent checked yet but i am going to take mine off and put it on his any other ideas would be great guys

all right now im screwed we put my cdi on this turd my coil new 100 watt ricky stator new fly wheel i went through the harness found no bad connections here is a run down of the mods to the harness removed tors plugs removed tors controler plug removed throttle switch plug tested all components to the system removed main switch for lights and kill switch wires are open key bypassed anyone near nw indiana that can help???????????????????????? :huh::huh::huh::blink::confused::confused::confused:

I have got the same problem with my 2000 shee, no spark? I just put the bike back together afer putting a stroker crank and powdercoated it. now no spark, everything is grounded and i have replaced coil stator and swithed out cdi, and kill switch with my friends shee and his still ran fine, so i know how you feel .

:biggrin:

I have got the same problem with my 2000 shee, no spark? I just put the bike back together afer putting a stroker crank and powdercoated it. now no spark, everything is grounded and i have replaced coil stator and swithed out cdi, and kill switch with my friends shee and his still ran fine, so i know how you feel .

hey we have ignition it lives we tried my stator and it runs but we still have a popping on the left side we are gonna rejet and send the stator back the new one read to specs on all tests but produces no spark put mine on and it runs i do have another question with an adjustable timing plate where do you set it we are putting it on my bike it is 80 over cool head with 21 cc domes 34 mm flat slidees toomy t5 pipes v force reeds vitos intake and boost bottle .25 inch reed spacers :happy:

:biggrin:

hey we have ignition it lives we tried my stator and it runs but we still have a popping on the left side we are gonna rejet and send the stator back the new one read to specs on all tests but produces no spark put mine on and it runs i do have another question with an adjustable timing plate where do you set it we are putting it on my bike it is 80 over cool head with 21 cc domes 34 mm flat slidees toomy t5 pipes v force reeds vitos intake and boost bottle .25 inch reed spacers :happy:

4 Degrees...

all right now im screwed we put my cdi on this turd my coil new 100 watt ricky stator new fly wheel i went through the harness found no bad connections here is a run down of the mods to the harness removed tors plugs removed tors controler plug removed throttle switch plug tested all components to the system removed main switch for lights and kill switch wires are open key bypassed anyone near nw indiana that can help???????????????????????? :huh::huh::huh::blink::confused::confused::confused:

I'm in Kokomo if you end up needing any help...