Why race cut.

CRAZY-SHEE!

i'm still debating cutting mine. i like the look, but for those who say they don't do shit, i'm not so sure about that. maybe not for your lower legs, but it does protect your face a little. there's been lots of times that i looked around the fenders to see if a tire was low and then got blasted with water or mud. :banghead: and they are always caked with mud after riding, so they do catch some of it.

i've taken mine off and rode around the yard before and i do like the view, seeing the tires and watching the suspension work is kind of cool. i'd have to go on some normal rides to be sure before doing it though. i'd suggest that to anyone who's not sure about doing it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sure as shit aint looking at my wheel/tires when i'm riding hard. i'm looking atleast 2seconds in front of me.

you look where you want to ride. any racer will tell you that.

i did it for looks.

yeah, i always thought that too. if i'm looking at my tires, i'm gonna crash into a tree or something, lol. i'm always looking way ahead and planning my path, then take it. kind of like my work philosophy. plan your work and work your plan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a desert tank on my shee and I think it looks better with the fenders, helps with the size of the tank

I've seen Banshee's with the 5 gal Clark tank & the shaved fenders still look better. I run the IMS 4 Gal & don't think it looks bad :shrug: 5 gal is a fair amount of fuel for duner though.. How many miles or hours does that give u?

Chop the fronts for sure, I have had mine chopped for a long time and I have barley had any stuff flung up at me from the front tires, if you have goggles on it isn't a problem at all. I haven't cut my rears though and I don't think I will, the amount of dirt on the bottom of my rear fenders even after a short ride tells me that the rears do make a big difference, and it really doesn't look that bad with just the rears imo.

Chop the fronts for sure, I have had mine chopped for a long time and I have barley had any stuff flung up at me from the front tires, if you have goggles on it isn't a problem at all. I haven't cut my rears though and I don't think I will, the amount of dirt on the bottom of my rear fenders even after a short ride tells me that the rears do make a big difference, and it really doesn't look that bad with just the rears imo.

Dude!! You're avatar is killing me :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

Pink Panther is getting tossed up!!!

I've seen Banshee's with the 5 gal Clark tank & the shaved fenders still look better. I run the IMS 4 Gal & don't think it looks bad :shrug: 5 gal is a fair amount of fuel for duner though.. How many miles or hours does that give u?

The tank is almost 6 gallons and in pismo it lasted almost all weekend but that was before my upgrades, but in ocotillo or glamis(after upgrades) prolly about 6 to 8 hours before i have to fill up.

I race cut the fronts because I cant stand not seeing the front tires, I feel like I am riding a cardboard box. I only do a modes trim on the bike to get rid of the section of the fender that bolts up with the stock foot protection units. It also keeps down on stretch marks and scuffing when running through the trees at the dunes. My cousins race cut the rears, they say it looks better, but I think its cause they crash all the time and put stretch marks in full rear fenders.

This is my old bike.

34836in_the_shop.jpg

This is my new one.

208b2dab8cd8.jpg

269ea5666b70.jpg