El Mirage drag races

My bike has been setup for sand drags for the last year and at sand drags i kick ass but today i went to el mirage and my bike did not impress me. I was bearly taking out piped yfz and other unported banshees.

There are two things you have to deal with at El Mirage (it seems to me it's at like 1500 feet or something like that). The first is that it's not a sea level like Pismo and Glamis are (Pismo obviously is at sea level , but Glamis is approximately at sea level). The second thing is that El Mirage is a bit trcky to get traction on and even though it may not seem like it, your tires will slip a little to alot under acceleration. The remedies to these respective issues are correct jetting and proper tires and tire inflation.

How is the lake bed up there? Is it dry yet? I haven't been out there yet this year. I am sure I will get out there for one of the SCTA weekends with some of the boys from my work. :thumbsup:

My bike has been setup for sand drags for the last year and at sand drags i kick ass but today i went to el mirage and my bike did not impress me. I was bearly taking out piped yfz and other unported banshees.

have you had better luck at elmirage? i live right at the 15 and 395 its really soft every where out here sand is way different my -2 swingarm hooks in this shit ........i could see a four stroke smoking you........you with a +7 swingarm you need deep sand for traction setup like that

have you had better luck at elmirage? i live right at the 15 and 395 its really soft every where out here sand is way different my -2 swingarm hooks in this shit ........i could see a four stroke smoking you........you with a +7 swingarm you need deep sand for traction setup like that

I was assuming we were talking out being on the lake bed. I have never been off in the trails back there. :confused:

the lake bed has about an in inch of soft lommie shit and then its hard packed, not really a sand condition...its all about traction

Are you talking about the lake bed right now or the lake bed in general? If you are talking about it in general, I am going to have to call b.s. on that. :ermm:

The lake is nice and dry right now and super smooth. The races were going for about 1500 ft. My tires are 20 holeshots and my gearing is 15/42. I'll be going up in 2 weeks again if any one wants to join. I'll be trying a 14/42 and a bit leaner on the jets.

On what day you heading up there? I'll try to make it. I thought El Mirage was around 3,000 ft elevation. The lake bed does have some soft shit on it. Some areas of the bed are softer than others.

On what day you heading up there? I'll try to make it. I thought El Mirage was around 3,000 ft elevation. The lake bed does have some soft shit on it. Some areas of the bed are softer than others.

I agree that there are areas of the bed that can be soft. If the bed isn't a uniform color, that usually means that it's wet. As for what was said earlier about there being 1 inch of soft stuff on top of the bed, that's just 100% bs asw evident in the picture.

post-14489-1174517807_thumb.jpg

Drag porting, stock carbs and T5 pipes :ohmy:

Bigger carbs and Shearer, CPI or other high rev top end pipes would wake that bike right up....

Don't knock the stock carbs. You can make well over 100hp with stock looking carbs. :thumbsup:

You could make over 100HP on stock carbs, you could also do it much easier on bigger carbs.

ON a turbo bike, many actually prefer the stock carbs.

However, this is no turbo bike....

Compliment the bike, compliment the motor...get bigger carbs and better pipes suited for drag racing....