Blaster Question

I know this isnt banshee related, but I see that alot of you guys here know alot about the blasters as well.

I just picked up a 03 blaster last night. A friend was telling me to mix the gas just like I do my banshee. He said alot of times the little oil pumps in the oil container goes out and by the time you know it, it is to late. He said to go ahead and leave the oil thing in there for now to, having more oil in there will not hurt anything. Does this sound right? I dont want to do any damage to it. I think it already needs a new piston. But I got a good deal on it. Once again guys thank you. I learn more and more reading this forum everyday.

Here is some pics of it. If I can get them to work here.

heidiblaster.jpg

heidiblaster1.jpg

Edited by NoLimitzInc

You can mix it just like your Banshee but disconnect the oil injector. Don't do both. The oil injector takes away the ability to adjust your mix.

I never had a problem with using the oil injector unit. Just check the oil tank before each ride. It takes a good amount of time to empty it.

One other thing I noticed last night. I rode it down the street and back and when I got home it was revving high. I gave it alittle gas to see if it would slow down and it just kept getting higher and higher. What would cause that? My neighbor came over and turned the idle down some. Does that sound about right? It starts right up and runs pretty good. I just want to make sure that I dont screw something up on it.

If it slowly climbs in rpm then it's lean.

I would block off the oil injector. They don't usually fail but when they do it's because the system wasn't bled and the pump lost it's prime, a lot of people try to blame it on the fact it's run by a plastic gear.

Just block it off and mix your gas, it's the best route to take if you ask me.

you can do it for free, i made a DIY on planetblaster awhile back, but i hate when people say the oil injectors go out on blasters because they dont if you keep oil in the resi etc... But just remove the clutch cover and take out the oil pump gear, and then take out the little pump on the outside and leave the screw stund thing in there, and remove oil line and put a tiny bit of jb weld or simmaler over the oil injector line on the carb and you are set. If you want to use the injector you should be fine with that too, just prime it by loostening the screw on the bottom of the pump and make sure there are no bubbles and fill up the resi and you are good to go.

Ben