im so damn confused

well im stuck on how i should brake in my shee, i have people saying to take it easy and slow and then on another site people say to pin it through the whole tank of gas

this site tells you to run it hard too but that is for 4 strokes but it probably aplys for 2 also tell me what you guys think please

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I don't know all the "politics" behind this post but I'll tell ya the BEST way in MY opinion.

On a fresh motor, I mix a little gas A LITTLE rich with oil, to much oil you will actually run the motor lean as far as air/fuel goes. Star the motor, let it warm ALL the way up with a few "blips" of the throttle every once in a while. Shut the motor off and let it cool down ALL the way and re-torque all the nuts and bolts. Now fill your tank with the normal fuel/oil mix, warm up the motor, point and shoot! You might check the torque on you bolts again one more time after your first couple ride.

i run heat cycles... like said above run your gas a little rich with oil ... run it bout 20 min or until max operating temp... kill it and cool ALL the way down.. do 3 of these making a total of an hour... your first ride out go through all the gears up and down not gong to ruff on the motor but dont baby it... let her cool down... after that ride it like you stole it...

I break all of my engines in on an engine dynamometer. If that is something that you can pull off I would be happy to supply to with a load and speed profile. :thumbsup:

Do not ever break in an engine at a constant state of full throttle. Who ever told you that probably has difficulty getting out of bed in the morning without being run over by a truck. :shoothead:

I go through one heat cycle, bliping the throttle every few seconds for about 15 minutes. Let it cool all the way down. Then take it for a 15 minute ride baby it through all of the gears let it cool all of the way down again retorque. Then a practice run through the trails not quite hitting WOT But accelerating and deaccelerating for that 15-20 minutes. cool all the way down retorque. Then RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Based on your UUGG post about the rattling kick starter you have ridden this for three months and thus it should be broken in already. Unless you are just boared and dont even own a Banshee and just want someone to talk to. :shrug:

what no the kicker was ratleing when i just drove it around back to the shed man geez

would you like me to take a pictures of the receat or what

whatever dont believe me it dont hurt

anyways on topic

would this sound ok to do?

take it to my uncles, start it let it warm up good take it for a spin for 15 min just going through all the gears at about 1/4 throttle then let it sit cool down then do it again but go through all the gears at 2/4 throttle and let it completely cool off then do it again at about 3/4 throttle for about 20 min this time then let it cool off completely then get back on it and go through all the gears at about 3/4 throttle again and BRAAWP it a few time for 20 min and then let it cool off completely and then do a couple hot laps then let it sit completely.

does that sound perfect or close enough?

his land is all flat by the way

well thanks for helping me brake in "MY BANSHEE" right guys

i thought about that more and i think it well be a good warm up lap then 2/4-3/4 throttle for the first 20 minutes then going all out the last 20 min yea w.e im anoying

i thought about that more and i think it well be a good warm up lap then 2/4-3/4 throttle for the first 20 minutes then going all out the last 20 min yea w.e im anoying

The goal is to get the bike up to normal operating temperature under light load initially and then let it cool enough so that you can touch the head with your bare hand. After you do that a few times you can start following the same pattern with progressively more load on the engine. :thumbsup: