2007 GNCC Season ...

Meat

I am glad to see some utes on the podium!

Traci finished 8th in her class, she's still in first place overall, but only a slim 4 point lead.

All three of those winning utes were Can-ams. Bomb\Can-am has come along way in the racing scene. In the beginning they could'nt keep the Bombs together for an entire GNCC race. They're prolly the most activly involved factory team at the GNCCs. They bring a big Can-am rig and bring along factory mechanics and tons of resourses. Can-am is the main sponsor for the GNCC series this year. We pitted right along side of team Can-am at the '06 12hr race in Texas. Mike Penland, Michael Swift and Clifton Beasly were on the team. They only made 17 laps before they blew the tranny. They had it all fucked up, broken cogs lookin' peices and little bearings and shit fell out when they took off the sidecover. They packed up the trailer and left before the race was over. Penland's a diehard kawasaki guy, but he says he loves the big outlander 800.

Josh your just going have to trade in your Kingquad for a new 800 Outlander :confused: .

Edited by Meat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah never. No Crap Am for me. I am not anti Can am lol. Really I like the riders who race them. Rick Cecco is so fast even in the dry, if it wast for Penland's team I would have never gave ute racing a try.

But I do not like how the 800s handle, they just feel big to me. I hope to try a GNCC soon. Maybe crawfordsville. But I think I am going to race the badlands race july 22nd.

• 1 month later...

Ballance Resumes the Chase for History as Can-Am GNCC Series Heads to Pennsylvania

canamgncc300.gif

Ninth round of the Can-Am Grand National Cross Country series visits Pennsylvania on September 1 & 2. Top locals invited to compete against the nation

awesome info Meat. Thanks for the info.

FWIW, I used to race local xc with Lexie Coulter. Those girls are a lot faster than what normal people would expect. Maybe "fast" isn't the word, it's consistency from the first lap to the last. I can only imagine racing with Ballance, Borich and those guys.

Sredish its always good to see you at the bansheehq.

traci cecco and angle atwell are tied for first place with 169 points each. Looks like lexy coulter is in fouth place overall. the race for the championship is gunna be great. Traci has the experience tho... traci bent up her brake pedal at last weeks somerset race, she placed 5th in the class. If she doesnt break the quad, she'll win every race. Not taking anything away from angle atwell, but IMO traci's clearly the fastest girl out there.

I love that Borich took back the points lead. There's only four more rounds in the 2007 GNCC schedule. The next GNCC is @ Unadilla in New Berlin NY. Saturday Sept 15th. I'll get some pictures for yas.

Womens Class Point Standings

Edited by Meat

good info Meat. Yea, I was looking at all that yesterday. I love what Ballance has done but I would like to see Borich step up and follow through. He's young, has talent but has lacked consistency in the past. When he gets that figured out, he's gonna be good.

You been racing any or what?

good info Meat. Yea, I was looking at all that yesterday. I love what Ballance has done but I would like to see Borich step up and follow through. He's young, has talent but has lacked consistency in the past. When he gets that figured out, he's gonna be good.

You been racing any or what?

I raced a hare scramble last summer with chris borich and matt smiley on the track. smiley was on a predator and chris on is Alba 450r. Borich was the fastest guy on the track that day. He passed me like three fuckin times. Tryin to keep up to him was a joke. that was the last time ive raced. Im pittin' for a team that races the 6hr and 12 "atv of america" series. We won a buncha races. Im too old and tooooo damn slow to be racin quads... :biggrin:

Im too old and tooooo damn slow to be racin quads... :biggrin:

ahahaha, I'm starting to feel that way myself... :happy: Haven't raced with Borich on the track tho, that'd be fun. So, you had three chances to put him in a tree..... :evil:

Edited by sredish

• 2 weeks later...

Borich blows out his rear shock, finishes 17th, Ballance finishes 2nd place and regains the points total for the championship with only 2 races left in the season. Traci Cecco wraps up the Womens class championship and Brandon Sommers wraps up the Pro-Am class championship....

Bithell Takes First GNCC Win, Ballance Moves Back into Points Lead

Shock problems drop Borich to 17th

Words by Jason Weigandt

Photos by David Scearce

Yadkinville, NC