Over Seas Buyers.

I've got an over seas buyer for some parts and he's wanting to send money threw an escrow service " www.torrent-financial.com " and I'm wondering if this is legit or if it's very complicated.

I've never delt with anyone out of the country aside from canada and I'm weary about this whole escrow thing due to my lack of experience with it.

If anyone could chime in as to if this is legit or what I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Blake.

i wouldnt do it , i dont know much about escrow acounts but i heard to many horror stories about that stuff , my friend got fucked like that , $2500 , it was a fake . cash , credit card , bank check , pay pal , if they are buying from you and if i was to buy something its paypal or cash if i pick it up .

i've never heard of that before. but i would be VERY leary of that. are they asking to send you more than your asking price? if so i would bet it's a scam and stay away from it. but see how open this guy is about giving you information. if he will give you his address and phone number he's probably legit.

It would be moneyorder only I told him, he did give me his address, he'd have to to get the parts. I just don't know if I want to go threw some prolonged possibly illegitmate process for 110 bucks. :banghead: He seems pretty eager to get the parts even when the shipping is well over the cost of the parts. I'm thinking wouldn't it be cheaper to buy from his own country?

Fuck that, if he wants it bad enough he'll figure out how to use paypal. He probably isn't even familiar with the item he is trying to buy from you. Is this an exact change deal or are you supposed to send him some leftover money from this huge check that someone is dropping off for you? :whistling:

I have sold a few things on ebay to oversee's buyers just tell them they HAVE to pay you through paypal and after the money clears you will ship it. USPS is the easiest and cheap way the ship it over seas but let them know it can take a while to get to them depending on where he is..... IMO paypal only. if he doesn't want to do it sell it to the next guy...

Yeah, sounds like the typical scam to me. I'm not sure what he's buying or where he's from, but Banshee parts are readily availible in other countries, and cheaper then buying and shipping from the US.

If he's willing to pay over the cost just for shipping, I'd definately watch out. I just don't sell to any international buyers, the way I see it, is if somebody wants something from me that's overseas, and they arent a scammer, they should tell their beat ass government to stop all that scamming shit. Fuck 'em.

Alright, thanks for the heads up on that. He claims paypal isn't available to his country. :rolleyes:

"Now regarding payment a postal order would take a lot from my country, and thats around 30 days. And Paypal is not available to Romania.

That is why I`m using an escrow agent for all my purchases, it is very simple and secure. YOu get the payment instantly to your account but you are not withdraw the funds until I receive the package.

USPS Global Express Mail (GEM) has tracking number soeverything is simple."

That's more trouble then I'm willing to go threw for stock a arms and a billet grill. Thanks for the replies everyone.