Anybody use these before?

theshee

Has anybody every used a helicoil thread repair kit? If so how did it work out for you? I have 3 stripped clutch case bolts in my cases and need to repair them, will they work for this? Let me know your thoughts, or other ways to fix it. Thanks in advance fellas! :thumbsup:

Good stuff, thats the kind of info Im looking for. I thought about doing just what you said, but then thought maybe a helicoil would be better. Thanks NYUK :thumbsup:

There is helicoil in a lot of aluminium part or casting who need threaded holes. They are a lot stronger than direct threads in aluminium so i would go for that fix. They are fairly easy to install if you have some skills. It's just tap or redrill the hole and tap than you install the helicoil. The only trick to it is to use taping oil at all the steps. Good luck man.

We use helicoils all the time.. they work great if installed correctly.. and they are easy to install. I once worked on an aluminum block out of a top fuel dragster and it had all the bolt holes helicoiled. Aluminum just isn't as strong for holding threads.

We use helicoils all the time.. they work great if installed correctly.. and they are easy to install. I once worked on an aluminum block out of a top fuel dragster and it had all the bolt holes helicoiled. Aluminum just isn't as strong for holding threads.

Word :thumbsup:

Sounds good, guess I will try them. I may as well, becasue the bolts arent doing anything now so even if it doenst work im not out anything. It is two top bolts loco. It wouldnt bother me but they are together, and i just want it done right. Thanks for the input fellas :thumbsup: