boost bottle

alf44

yea my banshee came with a boost bottle.... i had an air leak some where.... searched high and low for it finally did a closer inspection on the intake boots..... after reaplcing all intake gaskets and even cool head o- rings just to find out that the tops of the boots wore torn form somebody pushing the dang boost bottle off and on

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a Magnum boost bottle on my Banshee. I picked it up new off eBay for $5.00, I can't say I felt any power gain or loss but it looks cool compared to the piece of pipe it replaced. Guy's please don't get on my case about this........... but this is my explanation for the performance gains Boost Bottle Manufacturers claim you can get by using the boost bottle on the Banshee. I also was told a boost bottle is used alot for Nitrous, some riders drill and tap the boost bottle and inject the NOS into it. :confused: I don't know if there's any truth to that or not but it sounds like a good method of injecting NOS. you guys let me know if you've ever herd of that.

The Boost Bottle is supposed to dampen the intake wave that comes back up through the carburetors at a certain rev range. They store/hold the unused gas fumes, then when you crack back down on the throttle you get a burst (Very Small) of highly combustible oxygen saturated gas fumes that feed the engine during the millisecond of time it takes for the fuel to exit the carbs before it reaches the combustion chamber. So it's supposed to improve throttle response, and help out a little with horse power. I've read that the Boost Bottles effectiveness depends on the set up. Bigger gains are supposed to be achieved using a different Carburetor set up than the Banshee is equipped with from the factory. This Dino Chart was printed on the Back of my Boost Bottle package:

179828_10150093373274828_742274827_6111019_6510227_n.jpg