Moderators?

Rustbag

that doesnt make any sense!

tags stop people from being politically correct?

tagged or displayed moderators help disperse forum specific issues from Lee's shoulders.

if anything, IMO, hidden moderators could/would promote unfair behavior on their part. if no one sees it, or knows who did it, then it never happened right?. kind of harboring a sense of protection, being unknown...

you wouldnt bother Ronald McDonald (lol) about an order of fries being cold, would you?

what a moderator does has nothing to do with the average user... the site admin can have records of what a power account (which is what a moderator has) does. so if there is an issues he and only he knows about it.. its no one elses business... and yes being tagged as a moderator would bring more conflict...becasue say the bush topic comes up again and a moderator says something you think is out of line because he doesnt agree with what you said... your first bitch will be about him being biased or unfair becasue he is a moderator. its happened on several other furoms iv been on and i 100% GUARANTY you the same bullshit would happen here becasue of it.

your first bitch will be about him being biased or unfair becasue he is a moderator. its happened on several other furoms iv been on and i 100% GUARANTY you the same bullshit would happen here becasue of it.

this has happened to me on more than one occassion when i was a moderator.

what a moderator does has nothing to do with the average user... the site admin can have records of what a power account (which is what a moderator has) does. so if there is an issues he and only he knows about it.. its no one elses business... and yes being tagged as a moderator would bring more conflict...becasue say the bush topic comes up again and a moderator says something you think is out of line because he doesnt agree with what you said... your first bitch will be about him being biased or unfair becasue he is a moderator. its happened on several other furoms iv been on and i 100% GUARANTY you the same bullshit would happen here becasue of it.

this is my take on it from experience for the last 4 years as 1 of 12 or so moderators of another message board...

it is a "power account", but limited and usually forum specific. with everyone having one specific forum and all of us moderating 1-2 high traffic forums.

moderators, mediate between the average users everyday! whether it be helping to resolve issues, redirecting topics to the correct forum, getting a topic back on track to the original subject, deleting or moving spam topics to a "power forum" to be dealt with by site Admin.

not every topic can be read by all moderators or Admin (Lee certainly cant do it by himself). this is where the tags come into play, so people can e-mail or PM whoever has the "power" to do something quickly about what was brought to their attention.

everyone is going to bitch at some point or another, about something or another! nothing anyone can do about that.

they both have pros and cons.

but the hidden moderation has more of a chance for abuse then tagged does.

if moderators dont deal with the average user, then what do they do exactly?

also, what is the ratio between the people who bitch and the ones who seem to have no issue at all?

Edited by Mullet Man

an untagged moderator can do the same job as a tagged moderator... wether it be forum specific or be the whole forum for smaller sites.. honestly how many times on here do people need account related thing resolved? its a pretty basic and straight foward site not much to it...and very little coding...

if someone has issues they can simply post it i the forum Website Issues at the bottom of the rooms...

but like i said already the tags generate more crap then untagged... go to yfz central and spend a few weeks there they are a prime example of it.. they have more drama and moderator issues then the site is worth dealing with...

keep it simple keep it anonymous, the people that need help dont have to know who it is helping them, as long as they get helped...

and as for fueds on here that are running rampent lately... if someone becomes a moderator and his enemy for lack of a better word does something out of line and the moderator does his job the issues of him being biased and all kinds of past bullshit surface. all for the simple fact that he knows his rival was the one to control it...

im saying its more un needed drama to the site and can be taken care of without tags. you and i know that tags cause problems for some topics and help with other but id say the negitive out weigh the positive...

"keep it simple keep it anonymous, the people that need help dont have to know who it is helping them, as long as they get helped..."

...like i said before tho, everything cant be covered by everyone, and when that happens who does that person know to contact for quick help when the mods are hidden and it takes Lee sometimes days to respond?

"and as for fueds on here that are running rampent lately... if someone becomes a moderator and his enemy for lack of a better word does something out of line and the moderator does his job the issues of him being biased and all kinds of past bullshit surface. all for the simple fact that he knows his rival was the one to control it... "

if the mod did his/her job fairly, then they have nothing too worry about. thats just business, not pleasure... the other person deals with it or doesnt. again, cant please every one all the time.

i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :thumbsup:

Edited by Mullet Man

i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :thumbsup:

yup...

like i said theres always the webite issues page they can post too until there another resolution to it... or with a little extra coding a help botton can be added to the furom and they can put in the issues and it will forward to the moderator ... theres many ways to solve the issue..

Yea, I don't want someone too active. (deleting or editing). We just need some one to move posts that are in the wrong place. Someone that frequents often. I elect Dajogejr. if he wants the responsibility. I think he would be fair and unbiased. :sweat:

I would unban night...there's been entirely too much straight talk and getting down to business around here.

Someone has to lighten things up for chrissakes...LOL.

I've gotten into a little of the bitch fests myself, try to stay out of them, but....sometimes stupid is as stupid does.

My personal pet peeve are people crapping on for sale threads, like...that's too much money, or getting into a debate on this pipe is better than that pipe,etc....

Now, if someone comes on a for sale thread with a blaster that does 100MPH on a stock motor with a boost bottle and AMP link, by all means...let it fly...LOL.

Thanks for the nod, Rustbag... I think Lee would like to keep this site open and free, free of deletion, favors etc., in other words...keep the HQ the HQ...NOT like other sites that ban or delete threads when a mod's buddy is knocked or called out.

I know many of you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...no need to go into detail....

We all have our friends and sometimes enemies on this site, I think it'd be hard to have an impartial mod or group of mods....

Just my .02.

On a side note, Lee...do we really need subcategories and such for General BS? I mean...I thought general was just that...anything NOT to do with banshees, riding, performance, etc?

Just more confusing to me now...to be honest.

On a side note, Lee...do we really need subcategories and such for General BS? I mean...I thought general was just that...anything NOT to do with banshees, riding, performance, etc?

Just more confusing to me now...to be honest.

ditto

It's good to see people appreciate moderation, as at current time we can tell how things are without it. My peeve is people using the site to spam us with their product links. Also keeping things in the correct place for easy search and recall for later dates.

Yea, I don't want someone too active. (deleting or editing). We just need some one to move posts that are in the wrong place. Someone that frequents often. I elect Dajogejr. if he wants the responsibility. I think he would be fair and unbiased. :sweat:

Oh great now I'll never be able to post!!J/K LOL

Oh great now I'll never be able to post!!J/K LOL

Very nice post Lee. I don't think it's corny at all.

Don't worry, Kai...if I get a mod post, I'll let you post all day long...but it would be like Bruce Almighty when Evan Baxter was reading the teleprompter...

"The Prmie Rib roast of france....

And I like to do the cha cha, like a little sissy girl. I lika to do the...cha cha...

I'll just edit all your posts for entertainment...LOL...

J/K...

That part of that movie cracks me up every time!!

Don't worry, Kai...if I get a mod post, I'll let you post all day long...but it would be like Bruce Almighty when Evan Baxter was reading the teleprompter...

"The Prmie Rib roast of france....

And I like to do the cha cha, like a little sissy girl. I lika to do the...cha cha...

I'll just edit all your posts for entertainment...LOL...

J/K...

That part of that movie cracks me up every time!!

:yelrotflmao: That part makes me laugh every time my stomach hurts! :notworthy: