clutch push rod removal

Pop the cluch actuator arm out and dremmel the mushroomed part of the clutch rod smooth.I used a pointed diamond bit on the dremmel and a small pencil sized magnet thru the ball side to turn the rod as needed as dremmling,It takes a little time but I have done it twice with no problems.After all the mushromming has been removed the rod/ball will slide right out with the pull of the magnet.Then you take the magnet and stick it down the clutch arm hole and remove all of the metal filings.Change oil after first ride :beer: :beer:

mds if you have done this twice you need to either stop getting pulled with your clucth pulled or invest in a pancake bearing lol :biggrin:

When I bought my banshee the rod/ball was welded,when I tore it down to change the clutch plates I noticed someone had placed a second ball behind the welded one and adjusted for it.The other time it happened my son's bike ran out of gas at the beach while a friend was riding it, so he got pulled back to the truck about 7 to 8 miles down the beach with the clutch puled in.So i have gotten pretty good with the dremmel in tight spaces.lol

When I bought my banshee the rod/ball was welded,when I tore it down to change the clutch plates I noticed someone had placed a second ball behind the welded one and adjusted for it.The other time it happened my son's bike ran out of gas at the beach while a friend was riding it, so he got pulled back to the truck about 7 to 8 miles down the beach with the clutch puled in.So i have gotten pretty good with the dremmel in tight spaces.lol

haha thats so getto they just added another ball... i didnt even know 2 would fit and still adjust out