10 pdl haulers vrs. 9 pdl extremes

MDS2106

In my opinion the 10 paddle hauler will bite a little better. The extreme is just a more reinforced paddle. The fact that the paddles don't flex as much as on a hauler may give it a hair better traction paddle for paddle. But I don't think it makes enough difference to say you need to go 1 more paddle on a hauler to get the same traction as an extreme. Basically if you run a pretty good amount of HP, I would buy the extremes to ensure you aren't going to rip paddles off the thing, if not, haulers work great!

No one has asked the real question that needs to be asked.

What motor/setup are you running.

What size swingarm are you running?

Both are critical as to what type of paddle will work best with your setup....

I think both of those paddles will be damn near the same...

I had the 10 row, same size you mentioned on my cub in a 72" rollout with a 6 over swinger, yeah...the hooked real well, but I also weigh 245lbs....for what it's worth.

I have 20x11x10 9 paddles and they are not for draging they'll dig you a good hole till about third and finally hook up mabey on 8'' rims are better don't care selling these for drag paddles. :thumbsup:

9 Paddle haulers work fine for dragging with the right setup, you just have a bit too much swing arm for them.

No one has asked the real question that needs to be asked.

What motor/setup are you running.

What size swingarm are you running?

Both are critical as to what type of paddle will work best with your setup....

I think both of those paddles will be damn near the same...

I had the 10 row, same size you mentioned on my cub in a 72" rollout with a 6 over swinger, yeah...the hooked real well, but I also weigh 245lbs....for what it's worth.

How much do you think weight plays in hooking up? I have a +6 with 22's on 9pdl extremes and when it gets fluffy I have a heck of a time hooking up(I'm about 150). I live in Oregon, just so you know......I'm thinking of running 11pdl regulars and see what happens, I talked to Cam @ Redline about this and he runs 12pdl on his wifes 350. Don't know if they just drag or what, but our hills just aren't as long as say Glamis.

It had a stocker that wasn't set up for the +6. I now have Ohlins shocks but I only have about 2 rides on them before I lost my topend. I still need to tinker with it. This is just a dune bike but I want to get as close to the best of both worlds as possible,lol.

I like dragging but I don't have deep enough pockets for that and I don't have the time to always be wrenching. In the trees it does fairly well as it is, but once the sand dries out I get tore up on the starts.

I figured weight is pretty important but I was curious what you guys did to deal with it, ie....less weight more paddles, more weight less paddles etc..

Thanks dajogejr for the response, by the way do you work?lol, you always seem to be responding to posts on here.

Edited by Geoff