Melted pants on pipes

Can you scrape it with a fingernail? If you can just find something harder then the melted stuff, but softer then the chrome and gently scrape it off. I cant think of any chemical solution that would help with that, scraping very gently is about all I can think to do.

Believeit or not Mother's chrome polish will take it off. I had melted pants on my T-5's and at first I didn't think it was working then I noticed after rubbing, and rubbing, and rubbing in the same area a little bit came off. Then I thought well I just didn't polish it long enough to get it off, but I'll be damned if after rubbing in the same spot for a minute or two it does come off and they look really sweet again........... :thumbsup:

The heavy duty oven cleaner and SOS pad worked like a charm. I soaked a rag with oven cleaner and set over the melted pants part and let it soak for about 20 minutes and then i took a SOS pad and the stuff came right off with out scratching the chrome finish or the rust. The rust spots and stuff are still there but at least the melted pants stuff came off. Got any suggestions on getting rust spots off??

I let my room mate at the time ride my shee and he managed to melt his riding pants on my pipes. I have tried a few things and nothing works. I don't want to scratch the chrome on the pipes. Any help is greatly appreciated

99rpipe.jpg

99Lpipe.jpg

Fingernail polish remover. Better for the chrome than oven cleaner. Melts acrylics. Works great on Harley pipes!!