fmf fatty jetting question

gooberff

I am starting to attempt to rejet my bike after installing fmf fattys and turbincore II silencers. I have a pro design pro flow foam air filter with the lid on and snorkel removed. no other mods to bike.

I have read and printed all the carb and jetting info on this site and it has helped me formulate my plan of attack. I have also done a search and found a couple of posted topics that have helped.

I am planning on starting with 260 mains and the stock pilot and going from there.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I have seen the plug chop diagnosis. can this be accomplished with the bike secured to a stand with the rear wheels in the air and running through the gears?

will no load on the bike cause a bad reading?

Great site with loads of info!

oops looking for suggestions not subbestions

Edited by gooberff

You will not get a good plug reading without a load. You might start a hair richer if it is cold where you are at, but you are real close. I wouldn't go much more than a turn out on the airscrew. Fatty's mine ran better w/27.5 pilots, but that was w/the lid off. If you end up running w/the lid off eventually, I would move the clip a notch down on the needle as well.