PS3

Bansh-eman

Honestly I'm not paying over retail this late in the game. If they weren't hitting several chains with 60+ units on Dec 31st I'd be all over it. But hey if you want to unload it for what you have in it, then we can possibly make an exchange.

yea i hear you brad... i had no intentions on getting one becasue the where stupid expensive. but i had an extra 65 inch tv that was sitting in my house doing nothing but losing value so i might as well trade it for something thats i either use or has a good market value and is ezer to get rid of

Got my unit today at Best Buy. Surprised they weren't sold out and so were they. They had 25 units when they opened up yesterday and only sold 12 of them. Anyway snagged Training Day on Blu-ray and Resistance for a game. :thumbsup:

someone needs to make a prog so i can rip some blue ray disks already for christ sakes!

From what I've read Sony has really tightened up the piracy on the Blue Ray. I see Sams sells the add on HD-DVD player for $180 now if I only had an HD tv I'd buy one even comes with the $30 dvd remote so it doesn't seem to be a bad deal. I'm leaning towards a Wii over the PS3.

From what I've read Sony has really tightened up the piracy on the Blue Ray. I see Sams sells the add on HD-DVD player for $180 now if I only had an HD tv I'd buy one even comes with the $30 dvd remote so it doesn't seem to be a bad deal. I'm leaning towards a Wii over the PS3.

sony has always had pretty good piracy protection.. but i have a feeling blueray is going to take over and hd dvd is going to fade out much ike the beta and vhs era

sony has always had pretty good piracy protection.. but i have a feeling blueray is going to take over and hd dvd is going to fade out much ike the beta and vhs era

Better hope for Sony's sake it doesn't work like beta max. I've read on some of the tech sites that Sony's piracy protection can potentially lock up a Blueray play and render it useless when an illegal disc is detected.

Better hope for Sony's sake it doesn't work like beta max. I've read on some of the tech sites that Sony's piracy protection can potentially lock up a Blueray play and render it useless when an illegal disc is detected.

i d0ont think so, ill have to talk to my buddy about that... sony doesnt have the rights to alter your system becasue of a pirate disk... if anything it may lockup and you have to restart the player but to permanently lockit out they can have some big ass law suits becasue if that...no where in a blue ray player does it say that can happen and no where on blueray disks does it have a warning for it...

Edited by Bansh-eman

i d0ont think so, ill have to talk to my buddy about that... sony doesnt have the rights to alter your system becasue of a pirate disk... if anything it may lockup and you have to restart the player but to permanently lockit out they can have some big ass law suits becasue if that...no where in a blue ray player does it say that can happen and no where on blueray disks does it have a warning for it...

This isn't the one I was reading it had more to do with the HDMI locks but this one may explain some stuff -

http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/02/blu-ray...ck-their-gear/3

Got my unit today at Best Buy. Surprised they weren't sold out and so were they. They had 25 units when they opened up yesterday and only sold 12 of them. Anyway snagged Training Day on Blu-ray and Resistance for a game. :thumbsup:

Resistance is the game with the aliens correct? if so I played the demo on my friends and I really liked it.

Actually Sony did put a program on their music cd's that messed up people's computers.Whenever you put the cd in your burner it installed a program that would only let you burn that certain cd 5 times.But in the end it caused alot of problems and they had to fix anyones computer it messed up and thye took all of those cds off the shelves.There was a story somewhere i read about it,but i couldn't find it.