Clutch Replacement Stock engine

I'm going to be replacing my clutch on my stock (aside from pipes) 2000 banshee. It's not slipping yet, but there seems to be no adjustment left and it engages when the lever is almost completely released.

Questions:

1. Are the stock metal plates aluminum or steel?

2. If they are aluminum, should I replace with steel?

3. OEM parts or aftermarket (remember all stock with no plans of mods)

4. If aftermarket, fibers and steels only or springs as well? (I don't like a heavy pull and don't need the uber clamping pressure)

Any input appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Plates are all steel. Replace them and fibers. Stock fibers are better than many aftermarket kits but I wold get some good aftermarket units like what Jeff at FAST sells. You will probably also save money. You can reuse your stock springs.

Plates are all steel. Replace them and fibers. Stock fibers are better than many aftermarket kits but I wold get some good aftermarket units like what Jeff at FAST sells. You will probably also save money. You can reuse your stock springs.

I hit the link on the page and found these parts...

Do you know who is the mfg of these parts?

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=34

One of the reasons I ask is I replaced the clutch last year in my 85 350X with Vesrah fibers and kept the stock steels and used new OEM springs. I'm not really thrilled with the outcome (at idle when hot will "chug" forward when clutch is disengaged - adjustment changes with operating temp) and I'm not 100% sure which of the parts is causing the problem (Vesrah fibers or using the original steels - or the combo of using old steels and new fibers.) and don't want to go through the time and expense of changing the clutch and having unsatisfactory results again.

I think I'll shoot an email over to someone at F.A.S.T

Thanks for the tip.

Call Jeff...he'll respond quicker than an email.

IN my bike, new basket, new inner and outer, 100% properly ajusted...and if I floor it holding the clutch in while in gear, it will creep a little.

Nature of the beast if everything is in adjustment and basket isn't too grooved up.

His clutch is home made, street/atv parts...and it works let me tell you.

He'll tell you which is which....

call Jeff, get shit ordered, and itll be at your door faster than you can imagine.

I just talked with Jeff for about 20 minutes.

Gonna get things ordered next week. Might do the timing plate and shift spring at the same time. Gotta look into available funds.

Thanks for the responses fellas!