ATV Museum?

STLBILL

I know there are museums dedicated to motorcycles. Anyone ever seen one for three and four-wheelers?

as a matter of fact there is, it is in manchester nj. a banshee hq member owns it. it is in bigwills backyard and shed.

Funny, but, I was thinking a real museum.... :yelrotflmao:

Key exhibits might be:

1. The first four-wheeler which I think is a 1983 Suzuki LT125.

2. The first competition four-wheeler - the 1985 Suzuki LT230xx Quadsport.

3. The first racing four-wheeler - the 1985 Suzuki LT250R Quadracer.

4. The first 4x4 four-wheeler - the Honda TRX350 Fourtrax Foreman.

5. The only twin-cylinder two stroke. Needs no naming.

6. The Polaris quads with automatic transmissions.

7. Now sure what else?

Then you could get into smaller design things like:

1. I think all front suspension on every ATV is A or J-arm, right? McPherson Strut on some early Polaris'?

2. The various swing-arm rear suspensions, then the new stuff on ute's (designed to minimize scrub).

3. Anyone remember the Yamaha utility with the power take-off and mowing attachments?

4. I think there was a diesel Polaris utility at some point.

What else did I miss? The first fuel-injected quad? The first v-twin? The first two-rider quad? Those are new things.

There is an ATV shop in Kearney, Nebraska that has a nice collection of 3 wheelers , i beleive about every one that was made. I dont think they have much for 4 wheelers though only about 3 or 4. I will check with my buddy as he went to it last year.

Jeff, ask him if they had the 500cc 2-stroke 3 wheeler that was made for a short period of time. I can't remember who manufactured it.

Never heard of a production 500cc ATC. Honda made a few prototypes never released to the public though.

I am now confused.

To me the Tiger 500 is a custom trike. It even says no two are the same.

The problem is you would want some custom machines, such as the turbine powered ATV someone built a few years ago.

However you cannot include every custom ATV or you'd need to buy every full-bore displayed on here and more.

Where do you draw the line?

Does there have to be a line?

The reason the tiger is not really well known is because atcs were made then gone in about 3 years. I mean fast race atc's The tiger was probably the fastest trike ever made and yes they did make a 250 version of it. The reason two bikes were never the same is probably because all of the pipes for them were hand rolled and hand made. Honestly i would have to compair these things to the cannondale way ahead of their time, but never really caught on. You have to love the atc's without them theer would have been no quads. Look at the r and d that came from the 250r that moved right over to the quad and really wasn't changed a whole lot through the years. I guess the banshee has to thank the RZ's and RD's for there R&D to bad all of them love to detune motors going into quads!!!!!