spark plugs

headsup

Hello all. i only get a few hrs out of a set of standard plugs before they start missfiring. i had the dealer look at them and he said they plug looked like it was burning right. after i replace the plugs it runs great again. is 10-15 hrs riding normal for a set of plugs?. along with the fuel and oil you have to be rich. would a better coil help? thnx.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all. i only get a few hrs out of a set of standard plugs before they start missfiring. i had the dealer look at them and he said they plug looked like it was burning right. after i replace the plugs it runs great again. is 10-15 hrs riding normal for a set of plugs?. along with the fuel and oil you have to be rich. would a better coil help? thnx.

I havent changed my plugs since i got pipes.Its been lik 7-8 months.

Yea, pretty much run them untill they foul. If your fouling them alot, your jetting could be rich or your oil to gas mixture may be rich. Or you dont ride hard enough...

every 10-15 hours isnt bad at all.

yes i know they need to be revved up to keep the cylenders cleaned out. but riding with 4 pokes is hard to do. ? is would a nology coil and wires give them more hrs. thnx, again..

I havent changed my plugs since i got pipes.Its been lik 7-8 months.

r u using the stock plugs? ngk b8es.

as long as your getting good solid spark and there isnt much carbon buildup you can keep running them... i dont change mine unless they are fouled or if i change my jetting that way i have a fresh set to see what its doing to the plug...other then that i just run the same ones

i run them till the spark starts to break down, the plugs are not fouled out,.

Yea, pretty much run them untill they foul. If your fouling them alot, your jetting could be rich or your oil to gas mixture may be rich. Or you dont ride hard enough...

every 10-15 hours isnt bad at all.

i will try an attachment of the picture of the plug

I dont really see it as a problem honestly. A nology coil may offer a better spark, but its not gonna make the plugs run that much longer. Think about how many plugs you can buy with the price of a coil. You could ride forever...

I ride my blaster untill the plug takes a crap. If i ride hard all day, it will never kill a plug. If im luggin it in tight woods, it will load up a little, so i just run a little lower gear for a while.

I really dont think its a problem.

Yeah, I run my plugs for quite a while before I change them out, I mean well over 10-15 hours........... :beer:

NGK B8ES also. I run the same plugs until motor gets slugish and doesn't want to idle, or it starts getting hard to start. I trail ride with 4-pokes also. Usualy let them lead so I can drop back and then clean it out catching back up. (If I lead, they acuse me of riding to fast) Have about 3 rides on this set of plugs (one long slow trail ride following the wife on our Recon) plus some time spent riding the kids around the yard.

I'm running castor 927 mixed 40:01. The plugs look clean, just an even tan color. I do have oil dripping from pipes because of the slow riding, but plugs seam to be fine.

Try the iridium plugs (br8eix) Expensive, but about impossible to foul out.

those are the ones that have like a needle point in them right. i think im confusing the lithium for iridum. i have those they kick ass i get a start first kick nomatter how i ride. damn good plugs only ones ill buy. they are like 8 dollars a piece