cdi relocation

Bansh-eman

i have one of these mounts... works great... it fits awesome and the quality is top notch...

i run a dyna CDI and i've never had a problem at all.... b8egv plus with my DYNA on the GB plate.... no problems what so ever...

it's a deal for the price... and looks way nicer than cutting your old mount off and rewelding it up front....

and you don't need to cut or weld on your frame....

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm glad your happy with it. :beer:

i think once they include the mounting hardware im going to get one... i dont like the idea of dropping several grand into redoing my bike and then zip tieing the cdi to the mount... and when i buy a product id like to get it and put it on not have to go to a parts store to look for bolts and nuts... but i do agree its a very good idea!

it's a deal for the price... and looks way nicer than cutting your old mount off and rewelding it up front....

and you don't need to cut or weld on your frame....

how you figure it looks way nicer? you cant even come close to seeing my mount, like you can that big ass piece of aluminum.. plus, my harness is all cut down. like i said, my setup is way cleaner than that thing.

i forgot your tyler... everything you do is the best and everything you ahve is the best blah blah blah do you ever shut the fuck up..... oh and just so you know... dumbfuck.... you can't see this mount either unless of course you lay on the ground and look up..... plus it saves cutting and welding on a frame.... and as for the shortening the wires thing..... what the hell does that matter..... you can do the same thing with this mount......

i think once they include the mounting hardware im going to get one... i dont like the idea of dropping several grand into redoing my bike and then zip tieing the cdi to the mount... and when i buy a product id like to get it and put it on not have to go to a parts store to look for bolts and nuts... but i do agree its a very good idea!

the holes are all drilled to use a stock CDI and voltage regulator..... you need to get 3 little bolts and 3 little nuts... and it all mounts right in... you don't have to use zip ties.... i uased zip ties on mine because i have a DYNA... and mines a different shape then the stock CDI and has no spot to bolt it down.... are all dynas like that or do i just have an old ass one?

the holes are all drilled to use a stock CDI and voltage regulator..... you need to get 3 little bolts and 3 little nuts... and it all mounts right in... you don't have to use zip ties.... i uased zip ties on mine because i have a DYNA... and mines a different shape then the stock CDI and has no spot to bolt it down.... are all dynas like that or do i just have an old ass one?

You must have an old ass one. I got mine earlier this year, and it came with a U shaped bracket that lined up with the stock holes, it's like a strap.

I got my plate last night from Steve. I'll be cutting my frame and PC'ing before I put it on, though...since I run no lights, I'll be using the regulator holes for my coil, possibly. Still not 100% sold on if I can keep them that close together and not have issues.

i forgot your tyler... everything you do is the best and everything you ahve is the best blah blah blah do you ever shut the fuck up..... oh and just so you know... dumbfuck.... you can't see this mount either unless of course you lay on the ground and look up..... plus it saves cutting and welding on a frame.... and as for the shortening the wires thing..... what the hell does that matter..... you can do the same thing with this mount....

hahaha dislike me much?? hey if you dont wanna spend 30 bucks on something you can do yourself, especially if youre redoing your frame in another color or whatever, the rewelded stock bracket is great..and by the way, thanks for knowing my name. i must have somewhat of an impact on your life, but you on the other hand, have none on mine, because i couldnt even begin to guess yours...have a nice day. :thumbsup:

Loco- im going with your setup not that i favor one over the other its just why spend 30$ when you can do it yourself for free and what all did you chop out of your harness i like the simplicity of it i tryed to do similar to mine and fucked all up so im buyin another one to start over with... thats badass thou :beer:

Loco- im going with your setup not that i favor one over the other its just why spend 30$ when you can do it yourself for free and what all did you chop out of your harness i like the simplicity of it i tryed to do similar to mine and fucked all up so im buyin another one to start over with... thats badass thou :beer:

when you unplug the tors you have the caps left over... just follow the wires back into the harness and clip them and seal them off with some liquid tape... i think he might have even chopped his lights but not sure...

I just layed a peice of alum. in between the frame rails infront of the rad, super easy & no welding.

I'll post pic's later

i cut the harness open and got rid of all the tors stuff first. once you get all that shit off hook it up to your bike and start cuttin. see what you need and what you dont. i got rid of all the lights and everything. i think my harness is 4 wires. i also rigged up a kill switch wire with a plug i cut off the factory shit. i have no on/off button or light switch anymore. just a pro design kill switch. its the only way to kill the bike. clymers manual will help you a lot if you have one..

when you unplug the tors you have the caps left over... just follow the wires back into the harness and clip them and seal them off with some liquid tape... i think he might have even chopped his lights but not sure...

word up.