banshee vs ds650

Bert

i used to have a banshee but i'm buying a ds650 next weekend.. had a couple of friends with one they said they were fast and rode nice in trails.. which is really all the riding i do, banshee was kind of a pain in the trails we have around here cause at some points with the banshee you have to keep it in power band and then hit huge rocks and almost get thrown off the thing, i heard with the ds650 (cause it being 4 stroke) you can kinda putts around if need be, but there are a few open spots so when i do hit them i want the damn thing to move.. i was thinking 400ex but they are alittle too slow for me.

Trails are 4 stroke territory unless you plan on working on handeling the bike. Yeah its a bitch to put on the SHEE if you dont have plugs ON YOU. I like it that way though. All depends if you are ready to handle that 2 stroke hit if you ask me.

Get the DS though man, their nice too. You couldent pay me to get rid of my SHEE though.

yea my main problem is not many people around here ride, and the people that ride don't have fast quads.. and my father goes with me on the sportsman 500.. but he isn't a person thats gonna go ripping through the tails with me if i had a banshee, and if i got with younger people that are willing to keep up.. they don't have the machines around here to keep up with a banshee.. so it's really no run having to try and putt around on a banshee. i found the ds650 for 2600 i'm going to pick her up next weekend i'm very excited. i bought the sportsman 500 but it's just not what i like.. i like the speed. there is a guy with a piped banshee but he never rides it, i saw him ride once.. and there are like 300ex's and raptor 350's and like wolverines and stuff.

Man, get the banshee, and do a couple trail mods, -1 tooth sprocket up front, timing advance, and some low end pipes. I had a Raptor 660, and rode tons of shit, banshees are not that bad for trails. I don't ride with pro racers and shit, but I have never had a problem keeping up with my banshee, and most of the time I'm ahead. You won't be dissapointed with the banshee! All these jokers that knock them for trail riding probably never rode one on a trail.

Man, get the banshee, and do a couple trail mods, -1 tooth sprocket up front, timing advance, and some low end pipes. I had a Raptor 660, and rode tons of shit, banshees are not that bad for trails. I don't ride with pro racers and shit, but I have never had a problem keeping up with my banshee, and most of the time I'm ahead. You won't be dissapointed with the banshee! All these jokers that knock them for trail riding probably never rode one on a trail.

Thats mostly what :I ride and i have CPIs and a 16t sprocket and my bike pulls it really good.lol I dont wanna imagine it with 13t and a set of t6s.But i do some drag so...

A stock ds will be faster than a stock banshee, but who rides a stock banshee? The ds is an awesome quad, but it's too big for trails, and my friends vibrates the hell out of the foot pegs. I personally don't have any problems on the trails with my banshee. If your looking for a trail bike, I don't think you'll be happy with the biggest, heaviest, No reverse sport quad you can get, and thats the ds. Picking that F*%ker up out of some ruts is almost a two man job, especially at the end of the day. I think they are a great quad, but my sheee is faster, lighter, and fits better on the trails even with my +2 arms. I forgot to mention they both seem very reliable. One of my best friends has had one since they came out, and hasn't had any problems.

Edited by BANSHEEMANIA

Thats mostly what :I ride and i have CPIs and a 16t sprocket and my bike pulls it really good.lol I dont wanna imagine it with 13t and a set of t6s.But i do some drag so...

lol, a buddy of mine has that but with t-5s. when we hit pavement, he has 2nd-6th, no 1st praitcally(sp).

and here's my $.02, just about everything out there is faster then a stock shee. with the right combo of parts, a shee becomes an awesome trail bike. thats all i really ride(some roads) and never have any problems. i think DSs r jokes. seadoo with wheels is all they r :down:

well thanks for the input guys.. i'm pretty excited about getting the ds.. the trails i ride in all lead to the same place in the end.. i also have a sportsman 500 incase i get stuck. 6 more days left and i'll have it. we also have rock pits and sand pits and we go on the train tracks which is wide open. my friend has a banshee and he rode a ds and wanted one since.