Air Compressor's

I use 2- 5 horse compressors using 20 gal tanks, 125 psi max and wired 240 volt and both kick on at the same time. I run out of air when I sand blast but one will work just fine for impact stuff. I need both when using air cuttoff tools. I'm looking for one large air compressor, 2 stage design. What ever you choose make sure you get the belt drive pump setup and go a little overboard with pump size and tank capacity, once you have a good compressor you'll be able to upgrade more and more with air tools, not to mention with a big tank it won't run all the time, won't run hot, less moisture buildup and compreessor life will be extended. Good luck :beer:

I've got a 60 gal. 6hp. and a little pancake too. If your not worried about taking it with you get a bigger one. I hate having to wait on the compressor every 2 minutes to get something done. If your going to use air hammers or air sanders, you will be sorry if you buy a little 20 gallon. Most compressors build between 125-150psi which is plenty for almost any tool, but the small units just don't hold enough air, or create pressure fast enough to keep up with the tools. I can take off 2 lugnuts with my pancake if I'm lucky. Ask anyone who uses air tools for a living and they will tell you the little ones are just tire pumpers. They only work good for nail guns because they use a short burst of air, not a continuous flow like most tools. If your only getting one, get the bigger style. Plus if you buy the bigger one now you won't be pissed and looking for another one after your first big project. You can grab a little one any time, at a garage sale or something. The ONLY advantage to a small compressor is portability, and you still have to have power to run it. A $20 cigarette lighter compressor will blow up a tire just as good as a $250 mini compressor.,

Yeah, I have a little cigarette lighter type pump for the dune trips. I also have a 5 gallon twin tank compressor that I got at sand mountain. Some drunk arse threw it out on one of our trips so I took it home and fixed it and it has worked fine ever since. I want a big compressor for my garage to do projects and wanted some input on what people recommended and what they are using............ :beer:

yep, can't go wrong with big, I use a twin cyl 6hp 60 gallon cambell housfeild, have had it approx 11 years now and I USE it, the thing to remember also, if you have the biggest compressor in the world and are running a grinder on 100ft of 3/8 air line, you won't have enough cfm to pull a sick whore off a piss pot!. plumb your shop with large enough line that your not reducing it's potential.

Can't go wrong with big!

u should also look at how much cfm the compressor put our per min it all depends on what tools u plan on useing its good to have a big tank but u also need a good compresser

like at my show we have 2 v twin engines going into a about 80 gallon tank and it has constant pressure all day we use spray guns impack grinders and all so if that helps any