Dune Newbie

klineadam

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your gunna want a good set of paddles-i use 20x10x10 9 paddle haulers(they fuckin rip)

-depending on your modds, ya mite wanna get a 13tooth front sprocket so you can go anywhere you point.

-bring a few extra jets/plugs to make sure your dialed in just right

-REMEMBER YOUR FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most dune areas require one.

make sure you have a good air filter-sand can find its way threw a stocker pretty damn quick

and most of all............keep it at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our beloved banshee's were made for sand-you'll find out why. :evil::evil::evil:

Make sure to cover your filters with a panty hose or something similiar, especially if you run no box.

Bring extra jets as well as the spark plugs. Not sure on your elevation.

Extra Antifreeze/water. or whatever you use. this will overflow at some point or another.

two pair of goggles, one tinted one regular.

Learn to ride the hills correctly. Never charge over the hill straight ahead. I could talk for hours about this. But go up top of the hill and run paralel first, then look into the next bowl before you jump into. You will understand what I mean when you get to the dunes.

Water? Beer? Food? Shade?

st anthonies watch out for the nasty witches eyes and try to stay away from the trails on busy weekends. Don't forget regisration and warm clothes :evil:

you got to have registration??? i been wanting to make a trip fom kansas but we dont have to have registration... dont wanna get there and not be able to ride.... when i do make the trip....

Panty hose, what the hell?

Yep, I put panty hose over my filter and then put my outerware on.

May take away some air flow, but I won't suck any sand.

Take it easy if it is your first time.

The dunes can eat your lunch fast.

Don't go straight over the top of a bowl, learn how to work the transitions.

Panty hose, what the hell?

Sorry man i like to dress up when i ride!

They make cheap covers for your filters.

Its what we did back in the day before they made the nice new covers you see today.

Its old school insurance and ads about 20hp! :yelrotflmao:

if youre going, plan on the beginning of dune season. reason for? to have more time to keep going back. once a duner always a duner and you wont look back.

banshees were made to rip through sand, get some paddles and make your first trip the best you can. dont show up with nobbies wishing you had paddles.

take pics and report back. have fun.

Razor backs and witches eyes. Dont punch it over the top of any dune till you know whats on the other side, most of the time there is nothing but a 100 foot drop :evil: .And follow a GOOD leader till you pick up some expeirence. Stay clear of all 800 hp. rails with drunk drivers and live it up. I would never come home if I had the money to stay :biggrin: . Also wave at all the hot chicks, You may see some nice boobs.Rich

Edited by ReBall

Thanks for all the great tips everyone!!! Im sure ill have lots of fun and never want to leave. The only problem is that the dunes are a very long ways away from me :down: but im sure ill make a few trips out there sometime next summer!!

Summer? Fall winter and spring is the time to go!