Clear Radiator Hose

SoCalBanshee

Hello everybody. Does anybody know about the clear radiator hose? I saw a quad in the desert with a set and I thought it looked pretty cool. I saw a set on albas' website but it was expensive for a couple of hoses and the ones I saw were not ribbed like albas. These looked more actual radiator hose, with the string weaved through it. It was just clear instead of black. Does anybody know of any other products or clear Hi-Temp hose that is cheaper? :thanks:

Those hoses on ebay or alba would be the ones i would run if clear hoses were that important to me. The ones you saw are just regular 3/4 in clear braded hose from a hardware store. They are not rated for High temps. Not saying that they wont hold but I wouldnt rely on them. They get real soft when they get hot, making it easy to blow a hose..

Hello everybody. Does anybody know about the clear radiator hose? I saw a quad in the desert with a set and I thought it looked pretty cool. I saw a set on albas' website but it was expensive for a couple of hoses and the ones I saw were not ribbed like albas. These looked more actual radiator hose, with the string weaved through it. It was just clear instead of black. Does anybody know of any other products or clear Hi-Temp hose that is cheaper? :thanks:

rockeymountiainatv.com has a radiator hose kit to you can get different colar

blue

green

orange

red

run about $ 86.99

When I get to that point in my build I'm gonna run clear hoses but I have heard different opinions on them. Some people say their good and one guy told me he bought some for his craptor and they got hot,expanded and never went back to normal size. What does he know though, hes rideing a raptor :biggrin: . Rich

Edited by ReBall

the hardware store hoses are not rated for the tempatures that a cooling system sees. additionally they are not rated for the high pressure that a cooling system sees.

thats double negative for hardware store hose.

whats that old saying, if somethings worth doing then its worth doing right.

if you going to do the clear route, do it right and get the rocky mountain or alba kit. (but alba sucks so get the rocky mountain kit )

• 2 weeks later...

ive had the clear hoses on my last banshee i had and they held up good but they were from alba and im putting them on the one im building now cause of the bling factor

I almost bought the ones that you can get from the hardware store but from what I have read from the others that run them they get soft when hot. I would suggest if you run these make sure you always carry a spare with a little coolent just incase it breaks while your out riding. I would love to get the good ones but 89-99 bucks for 2 hoses is just INSANE!!!! Course if you have the extra money its not biggie. They do look awesome!

I had one clear hose on my banshee when I bought it. Its just a regular 3/4 inside dia. clear hose that you can get at any hardware store. It doesnt have the braiding inside like the pic above, and I never had any trouble with it. I changed out the other one the other day with the same type hose, but I havent gotten a chance to ride with it like that though.

I had one clear hose on my banshee when I bought it. Its just a regular 3/4 inside dia. clear hose that you can get at any hardware store. It doesnt have the braiding inside like the pic above, and I never had any trouble with it. I changed out the other one the other day with the same type hose, but I havent gotten a chance to ride with it like that though.

So your saying it doesnt get soft when it heats up?