Boost Bottle Boots

rusty1100

I just bought a Vitos boost bottle but it didnt come with anything to connect it, like

rubber boots or something like that. What does everybody else use? :confused:

One more question. Is there a torque spec when tighting the nuts holding on a Noss

cool head? I bought some bullet style nuts to replace the original ones but I didnt know how to go about it?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Yeah, agreed, sorry about the boost bottle thing. The only thing they are good for is to cause an air leak on your intake boot and either suck in sand or air and run lean thus burning up a good set of pistons.

As far as the torque specs they are the same as the stock nead so look at your clymer's. Otherwise call Dave at NOSS or pm him on here at dlnoss and see what he recommends......... :beer:

Return the boost bottle for a refund if you can, get a bunch of extra spark plugs, premix or gear oil. They're better investments.

The torque for the nuts is the same. 20 to 22 ft. lbs, and MAKE SURE you tighten/torque them in sequence.

I torque them in a pattern, 10lbs, then go around again to 15, then finally 20.

That way you know you're getting a nice, even seat and seal.

One more question. Is there a torque spec when tighting the nuts holding on a Noss

cool head? I bought some bullet style nuts to replace the original ones but I didnt know how to go about it?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

You should torque them down to 20ft lbs. Also you get a brand new set of O Rings, acorn nuts, and copper washeres with your NOSS Head.

"I torque them in a pattern, 10lbs, then go around again to 15, then finally 20."

This is the best way to do it. While you are torquing them down to 10 you will feel like your going over 10 because the copper washers squish to make a seal. Do make sure your torque wrench is properly calibrated.

Ohh, Man. Sorry to hear about your boost bottle. I learned the hard way. Those dicks have been selling me like a sucker. Jokes on me. Send Em back fast. A block off plate does far more good for about 30. Well, Good luck. And let us know what you decide to go with. I would like to know. HAHAHA.Jokes all on me. Have fun Rusty.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Surely someone is using a boost bottle if nothing else but for looks, even if they dont do what they say that they do.

Yeah, agreed, sorry about the boost bottle thing. The only thing they are good for is to cause an air leak on your intake boot and either suck in sand or air and run lean thus burning up a good set of pistons.

As far as the torque specs they are the same as the stock nead so look at your clymer's. Otherwise call Dave at NOSS or pm him on here at dlnoss and see what he recommends......... :beer:

Cool thanks for the tip.

Return the boost bottle for a refund if you can, get a bunch of extra spark plugs, premix or gear oil. They're better investments.

The torque for the nuts is the same. 20 to 22 ft. lbs, and MAKE SURE you tighten/torque them in sequence.

I torque them in a pattern, 10lbs, then go around again to 15, then finally 20.

That way you know you're getting a nice, even seat and seal.

Hey man I appreciate the specs. Now I wont have to buy a clymers just for that bit of info. Looks like I will eventually need one though.

are you talking about the intake boots torque spec?

No I was talking about the torque on the head nuts, but its been answered. Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys.

Surely someone is using a boost bottle if nothing else but for looks, even if they dont do what they say that they do.

Cool thanks for the tip.

Hey man I appreciate the specs. Now I wont have to buy a clymers just for that bit of info. Looks like I will eventually need one though.

Oh man, every nut and bolt you remove is covered in Clymers. You want the best mod you will ever buy spend 20-30 bucks on a Clymers manual.

Ohh, Man. Sorry to hear about your boost bottle. I learned the hard way. Those dicks have been selling me like a sucker. Jokes on me. Send Em back fast. A block off plate does far more good for about 30. Well, Good luck. And let us know what you decide to go with. I would like to know. HAHAHA.Jokes all on me. Have fun Rusty.

whats a block off plate how does it work i also learned the hard way on a boost bottle. shinny piece of metal to me i didnt notice anything but a negative in my checkbook.