Milling Fly wheel

husky

wellll .. cautious way is to cut 1mm off (total of 2mm) Slightly better perf /effect from a 1.5 mm deep cut.. Deeper than that and yr on your own.. it's possible but it's a crapshoot. Lotsa flywheels have been cut thru at a 2mm deep cut.. some were ok at that...But it could be clever to keep the thing from grenading due to too much metal removal. Your choice tho :-)

wellll .. cautious way is to cut 1mm off (total of 2mm) Slightly better perf /effect from a 1.5 mm deep cut.. Deeper than that and yr on your own.. it's possible but it's a crapshoot. Lotsa flywheels have been cut thru at a 2mm deep cut.. some were ok at that...But it could be clever to keep the thing from grenading due to too much metal removal. Your choice tho :-)

Put it in a lathe and remove material from either side of the magnets on the outside. Don't try and do it in a mill.

I would like to know this also. I have done about everything to my other quad (4 stroke) and now I am starting a 7 mill shee. I don't really need to know about the depth just the weight I need to remove. What is typical for a drag shee? I have a -6 oz flywheel on my yfz450 and it made a very noticeable difference in how fast it revs. The lighter the flywheel the faster it revs because of rotating mass. The heavier it is the easier it is to lug around on the trails. If it is a trail quad you might reconsider a lightened flywheel. Just an old 4 stroke guys opinion though.