yamaha 2-stroke rumor

tmac20031

I heard from a cousin in Florida that there has been talk from yamaha about a future fuel injected two-stroke. I havent been on the hq for months now and havent really been searching the atv scene. I remember back then that there was no talk at all but Im unsure right now. IS IT TRUE??????????

I highly doubt that there gunna bring two strokes back.

I dont know why people are thinking that, yamaha knows that 2-strokes kick @ss and that alot of people believe in this philosophy. I can see them trying really hard to bring it back.

it dosent matter what yamaha knows its what the gove like the communist republic f california mandates... they have drove everyone to 4 strokes, id love to see the shee come back to the states for sale but my bet... not going to happen

it dosent matter what yamaha knows its what the gove like the communist republic f california mandates... they have drove everyone to 4 strokes, id love to see the shee come back to the states for sale but my bet... not going to happen

your right!.......you goto a damn Supercross now a days and you hear nothing but load decibles (4 - strokes)! :down:

people seam to think there is a ban on 2 strokes, when that is FALSE, there is NO ban on 2 strokes, they just have to pass emissions, they are making boat 2 stroke motors that are more effeicent, faster, and burn cleaner than 4 strokes,,, yet for some rerason they wont put that tech into atvs,, dont know why

actually i think all major companys have emission 2 strokes.. its the tree huggers that screw it up... they have 2 strokes that put out less emissins then a 4 stroke.. so now they move on the sound pollution cus 4 strokes are so loud... its evolution cus back in the day everyone had 4strokes then they went with 2 strokes now 4 strokes again.. 2 strokes will be back in time... eventually you wont be able to buy anything in a aresol can cus they polute so much...

There was a thread here in the last couple weeks talking about the changes to the 'Shee since it's birth in 1987. Nobody could come up with much differences in about 20 years of product.

Considering Yamaha put about 2 hours of R&D into the Banshee since 1987, I doubt they are going to put any more into it now.

people seam to think there is a ban on 2 strokes, when that is FALSE, there is NO ban on 2 strokes, they just have to pass emissions, they are making boat 2 stroke motors that are more effeicent, faster, and burn cleaner than 4 strokes,,, yet for some rerason they wont put that tech into atvs,, dont know why

Exactly, well said. I just thinks its a matter of time and the technology is bound to cross over.