4mm stroker crank

Can anyone explain to me what is the differance between a long and short rod 4mm stroker crank?

What 4mm stroker crank would you preffer with the cubs? The long or short rod? I am doing mostly trails.

I see the cranks are welded, can you rebuild them, what conrods do they use? eg blaster ect? What bigends?

The reason i am asking is i want to import a set of cylinders and the crank, but i dont want to import the conrods or bearing everytime to South Africe when i want to do a quick rebuild. I tried to contact FASST, but no response, i really want to purchase this kit, kind of desperate. Can i buy from patriot racing direct?

How reliable is the kit?

Thanks

Can anyone explain to me what is the differance between a long and short rod 4mm stroker crank?

What 4mm stroker crank would you preffer with the cubs? The long or short rod? I am doing mostly trails.

I see the cranks are welded, can you rebuild them, what conrods do they use? eg blaster ect? What bigends?

The reason i am asking is i want to import a set of cylinders and the crank, but i dont want to import the conrods or bearing everytime to South Africe when i want to do a quick rebuild. I tried to contact FASST, but no response, i really want to purchase this kit, kind of desperate. Can i buy from patriot racing direct?

How reliable is the kit?

Thanks

I think the longer rod is the better way to go. Dan @ patriot racing can sell you one for sure. The cylinders as well...

If you want to buy from Patriot Racing, the fastest way to get ahold of him is go to www.planetsand.com. PM Backcountry. He always answers those faster than his voice mail messages. And Dan builds a mean motor!!!! Whoever you end up going w/will be able to tell you all about the short rod/long rod differences. Motor has more potential to rev up quicker w/the short rod, more reliable w/the long.

If you want to buy from Patriot Racing, the fastest way to get ahold of him is go to www.planetsand.com. PM Backcountry. He always answers those faster than his voice mail messages. And Dan builds a mean motor!!!! Whoever you end up going w/will be able to tell you all about the short rod/long rod differences. Motor has more potential to rev up quicker w/the short rod, more reliable w/the long.

Reliability comes first Thanx

Why does everyone and their brother want to run stroked cubs on trails!?!?! They're just too much power for a trail!

theres no such thing as to much power

It's all about torque...torque wins races, horsepower sells engines.

I guess you havn't riden one of these platinumjason, or I think you'd have a differance of opinion.

to answer your question 2strokespirit, the differance in the con rods is 5mm.

It's all about torque...torque wins races, horsepower sells engines.

I guess you havn't riden one of these platinumjason, or I think you'd have a differance of opinion.

to answer your question 2strokespirit, the differance in the con rods is 5mm.

Torque wins races, horsepower sells engines. I agree, i love torque!!.

Not sure but the long rod (58mm vs 54mm stock ) is suppose be easier on the engine and have less stress on the crank etc. I pretty sure i read that in another post. The torque is great, nother better than the feeling of HP and torque!! And i agree HP makes a person unload the wallat when building a good running motor but the rider whens the race, you can have all the HP, toque and mods you want but in the end the driver has to make it all come together. Just my .02 worth

Torque wins races, horsepower sells engines. I agree, i love torque!!.

but will yo u love having no torque....... till 10,500 rpms then a violent erratic explosian of it ?

sometimes ported oEM cylinders make a better option than cubs .not my choice ..but there are ways to set a cub up for more usable powerband though and patriot racing has done a lot of experimentation on building these by means of decking the monoblock,custom domes and accenting it with MX mods to have a wider more usable power band .

Not sure but the long rod (58mm vs 54mm stock ) is suppose be easier on the engine and have less stress on the crank etc. I pretty sure i read that in another post. The torque is great, nother better than the feeling of HP and torque!! And i agree HP makes a person unload the wallat when building a good running motor but the rider whens the race, you can have all the HP, toque and mods you want but in the end the driver has to make it all come together. Just my .02 worth

a 4mm cub is a good choice if the power can be used.. that deffinitly is a motor that can contend no matter where your at..

the stock lenth rods are 110mm and the long rods (for the stock on up to 10mm cranks) are 115mm's.. the angle the piston puts the rod in is less with the longer rod, so there is less force going sideways than verticle. putting less stress on the lower rod bearings, pistons, connecting rod, wrist pins and bearings..

the stock stroke crank is 54mm's of stroke, and the 4mm is 58mm's of stroke..

a 4mm cub in this situation would be a pretty wild motor, but that would be a fun ride..