power gain

foxy30

first off t depends on how much money you want to spend.. porting is by far the biggest thing you can do for that bike... run you about 300-400 bucks depending on porting and who does it... assuming you got pipes? get reeds to make the throttle response better, if you dont ride in mud or water ditch your air box and run pods.. adjustable timing plate and advance your timing +4 like i said it all depeds hom much your llooking to spend.. you can have all the motor work in the world but if you dont have the suspension to keep that power where it belongs... on the ground it dosent matter how fast your motor is... alot of factors and decisions to make..

my shee is completely stock and was wondering without changing alot on her,what would be

the best upgrade to get more power and what is the best?thanks

I would try a cool head first. There a little cheaper than pipes and give good power. Try 21cc doms or 20cc doms for more compression. Someone on here also has a +4 timing mod. Shows you how to do it. Thats good for a little free power.

I would try a cool head first. There a little cheaper than pipes and give good power. Try 21cc doms or 20cc doms for more compression. Someone on here also has a +4 timing mod. Shows you how to do it. Thats good for a little free power.

cool head definantly isnt the first mod to do... yes they are nice having the domes to swap out and they help your motor run cooler until you reach your operating temps, then it dosent really matter... if your wanting fast mods and not alot of money have your stock head cut.020-.030 that wil boost your compression and will cool fine... like the other guy said run t-5's ... do go drag pipes if you inteand on trail riding you wont have the bottom end you ned in the trails

cool head definantly isnt the first mod to do... yes they are nice having the domes to swap out and they help your motor run cooler until you reach your operating temps, then it dosent really matter... if your wanting fast mods and not alot of money have your stock head cut.020-.030 that wil boost your compression and will cool fine... like the other guy said run t-5's ... do go drag pipes if you inteand on trail riding you wont have the bottom end you ned in the trails

Ok milling the head is less expensive but does the some thing ups the compression. Why waist money on stock head when you probably will get a cool head any in the future. Why because its cool.

Found out were me and my buddy got the timing plate mod from. we didnt buy it we did it are selves with a drill press. members.aol.com/ronw626/timingplate.html

Well i guess the first question we should have ask is what kind of riding are you doing

Definately exhaust first. Shaving the head is cheap power. Adjustable timing plate from Ricky Stator ($35 buckeroos) is good. Tune the machine with the airbox lid off is good for a hp or two. DO NOT GET A BOOST BOTTLE!! WASTE OF MONEY!! (but it looks cool) Reeds are great for throttle response. Of corse porting will make big power, but can be pricey and should wait till rebuild time to save $$$. I went with Vito's Super Stock forged pistons (porting without the price) during rebuild time and It definately made a difference. Carbs will make top end power but should wait till porting cause it will kill low end. Good luck.

thanks guys,

can't do much on it,i have no money,building a house on nantucket(800,000)so i'm just looking for something around 2 to3 hundred.I'm leaning to pipes,wich ones.and just got married ans she likes money.

toomey t5s for pipes & up the compression+ reeds for sure. you might need to save up some or hope for a fat xmas. good luck.