my YFZ450 a-arm install

Mullet Man

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here r some pics off what it looks like i love the look

well i have to make them smaller some how ill try and figure it out

just go to www.tinypic.com (free, no registering)

click the upload tab and copy the lowest link it gives you after its loaded (there will be 3 to choose from, dont pic the link, copy the one below it)

then paste it here

Edited by Mullet Man

that looks good man :beer:

i might give the extra dust caps a shot

have you ridden it yet?

EDIT: N/M, you have no motor in it lol

how much longer then stock are those shocks?

what did you use underneath the dust caps?

the only thing i didnt like about the dust caps on the side that gets trimmed is they rub and are really tight into the weld on the arm

Edited by Mullet Man

on the front of both a arms the spear dust cap is reinforced with metal rings and the inside spear dust cap is just left empty. im not to worried about the a arm bending forward .T he shocks or 16 inch center of eye to center of eye.and we just grinded a bit off the dust cap so it would fit

I've got a buddy that has an '06 yfz450 and he's upgraded to aftermarket everything so I'm gonna see if he will sell all his stuff to me real cheap. If he will I will definately be doing this.

One ?...will the front end sit lower no matter what? Or can it be adjusted to sit at stock height?

I've got a buddy that has an '06 yfz450 and he's upgraded to aftermarket everything so I'm gonna see if he will sell all his stuff to me real cheap. If he will I will definately be doing this.

One ?...will the front end sit lower no matter what? Or can it be adjusted to sit at stock height?

i adjusted my shocks half way thru the thread, and it still sits lower then stock.

total loss is between 1-2". (this is compared to stock arms with YFZ shocks).

with that 1 gallon paint can, i still had over 1" of clearance with the new setup.

i havent had my stock shocks for a long time now, so i dont know the exact difference between the 2 setups.

am i worried about the loss of ride height? absolutely not :beer:

I didn't realize you had the YFZ shocks beforehand. I've heard they raise the height by 1 to 1 1/2 inches anyways...so sounds like back to around stock 'shee a-arm and shock height.

yeah, thats very possible as its been a while since i had the stock shocks on it

you wont be dissappointed with it!

one thing i would look into is a little bit longer tie rod then stock YFZ rods. the stock YFZ rods work but they dont quite thread onto the tie rod end as far as using stock stuff. peace of mind kind of thing ya know. Noss Machine said he could do custom length for $39.95. thats what i will be doing shortly.

i'm going to order a tie rod made for a banshee that is 1.5" longer then a stock YFZ tie rod, stock YFZ rod is 12 3/8" so i will order one that is 13 7/8" maybe 14" just to round it off (1/8" shouldnt matter)

i'm not sure how long YFZ shocks are, i never measured. maybe someone else on here will know. (i'm not around my shee to measure for you, sorry)

Edited by Mullet Man