shipping problems

UPS has f'd up many times for me (recieving packages). But Fed ex has been better. But I would have to say the USPS has never steered me wrong, the only downside is that they do cost a little more on the bigger items.

A tracking number is the only way to go. And BTW: I thought UPS always gave a tracking number with a shipment.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id refund him his money if my account had that money in it , i just paid mortgage and have currently 16 bucks. Id offer him a cdi for free . No reason i should take the loss for something i did my part in , i can not be responsible for shipper's. However i do feel the pain and b.s hes going thru, so im going to offer him a cdi , he can resale it on ebay or whatever he wants to do. Atleast meet me half way .

:thanks:

Im not at fault for shipper' company. Did you pay for insurance on the item or request it ? I did not see that on the invoice. I try to offer you a free cdi , because that is all i have that is worth cash to even give you ! Resale the cdi and meet me half way man. I dont like all the over compulsive gestures , we are grown-ups here trying to resolve the problem.

do you have a receipt for the shipping transaction?

even if not, go to the place you used to ship it (in person). they never want to help over the phone.

they will have a record of the transaction and all info on where the item went, if it was delivered and when etc. etc.

all shipping company's use little hand held scanners for tracking parcel (bar codes on the shipping label).

all shipping company's keep logs of transactions. it will just take a little prying to get to the bottom of it. you just have to raise hell sometimes!

lesson learned is this, make all your transactions with a company that automatically provides a tracking# that you personally can use at your discression!

i wouldnt refund shit until i got to the bottom of it with the delivery company.

I always insure my packages that I ship. Even if it is just 50 bucks. That way if it gets lost i dont have to refund the money out of my own pocket, and I am not out a 50 dollar item that I had sold. I woulnt expect the buyer to eat the money for a lossed item and pass the buck saying that the shipper was fault, not my problem. I dont want to eat the loss as the seller, so I guess that leaves insurance as the only option.

Plus Deliver Conformation on US Priority Mail is 45 cents. Well worth the money so I know when some thing has been deliverd, instead of some body trying to scam me.

STILL NO SHOCK THAT WAS ORDERED ON 10/16/06 AND IM PISSED I WANT MY 80.00 US DOLLARS BACK THANK YOU A.S.A.P. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easy now, Chase is trying to be fair about this, what happens if he refunds you money, then they show up the next day? :ohmy:

Im not at fault for shipper' company. Did you pay for insurance on the item or request it ? I did not see that on the invoice. I try to offer you a free cdi , because that is all i have that is worth cash to even give you ! Resale the cdi and meet me half way man. I dont like all the over compulsive gestures , we are grown-ups here trying to resolve the problem.

Chase I still have both of my stockers, wanna do some trading?

:whistling:

PM if so, maybe I can send them to this guy for ya...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Bans...01308QQtcZphoto

I am not knocking you but in your ebay auction it says under the Shipping Insurance that it is Not Offered. The buyer couldn't have added insurance if he did want it.

Hopefully you guys get it worked out.

the buyer could have thrown a couple buck in for insurance, let this be a lesson in ALWAYS GET DELIVERY CONFIRMATION.i don`t recognize this new guy from a can of paint. i seriously doubt chase would gag him on a shock. i have shipped thousands of parts. 1 or 2 missed their mark and are in that great big pile of lost stuff somewhere.i constantly get low rent e bayers saying they never got the part. then when i copy and paste what the usps track and confirm states it was delivered, i never hear from them again. a working shock is shipping monday morning priority mail. with delivery confirmation.

a working shock is shipping monday morning priority mail. with delivery confirmation.

NYUK to the rescue! Thanks man for working with me on that axle stuff, Chase is a standup guy, and NYUK is right, occasionally shit just falls through the cracks, seems to happen a lot less with tracking info though.

The insurance is BS anyway, I used to insure all my ebay sales and shit, and USPS will not refund you the full amount if it is lost, and to even get something isa a pain in the ass. You have to have documentation of what it was worth, and a printout of the e-bay auction is not proof to USPS.

So no matter what the seller usually has to eat at least a portion of a lost item. It sucks big time, but I've had to do it a couple of times for shit I sold on e-bay that never got there. I kind of feel that it is the seller's responibilty to cover items that were never recieved, and then try to recoup that money from the shipper, it is what I have always heard referred to as the merchant's obligation. Now in the eyes of the law, I don't know how that works, but if it were me, and the buyer claimed they never recieved it, and I didn't have proof it was shipped for whatever reason, I would refund him.

This guy does seem a little tough to me, maybe rightly so, But everyone on the board tells him your not going to rip him off, and he's still pretty irate. Don't worry about it bro, it will get squared away, I have an extra rear shock I'll send you, and chase can print up some stickers for me sometime, so my offer stands as well as the other members here.

There is some funny shit that happens with shipping companies, so they are right get a tracking number just to be safe. And I have never heard of any company these days that will not give you a tracking number when you ship the item.

These guys are right though. There are a lot of people on the HQ, but if they have been here a while they are all stand up guys. I have never heard of Chase stiffin' anyone on an ordered item, and it sounds like he is tryin' to meet you half way on this. Plus, when other members are offerin' to give you parts for free to help Chase out of a shitty situation. That sounds to me like they trust him for his word and so should you............... :beer: