LS spring trip

Yeah, I figure we could do it kind of like we did the first time I came up...just meet you at walmart or your place and we can keep truckin from there. That way we'll have all of Thurday through Saturday to ride. After driving almost 12 hours straight to NC with the dog and my wife to go to a wedding, 8-9 hours to the dunes won't be shit, lol

truraiderfan, it won't be on snakehunt, that is the second weekend in April :beer:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I figure we could do it kind of like we did the first time I came up...just meet you at walmart or your place and we can keep truckin from there. That way we'll have all of Thurday through Saturday to ride. After driving almost 12 hours straight to NC with the dog and my wife to go to a wedding, 8-9 hours to the dunes won't be shit, lol

truraiderfan, it won't be on snakehunt, that is the second weekend in April :beer:

Sounds like a plan. Whats the fuel situation at LS. Is there a place to get race fuel or

does someone need to bring a 55 gal drum? lol

I was up your way about a month ago at presidents island on business.

I didnt realize that it was only about a 3 hour drive up there.

I could meet up with you and follow you in.

THat is if you mofos didnt mind me bringin a honda rancher along. :whistling:

Sounds like a plan. Whats the fuel situation at LS. Is there a place to get race fuel or

does someone need to bring a 55 gal drum? lol

I was up your way about a month ago at presidents island on business.

I didnt realize that it was only about a 3 hour drive up there.

I could meet up with you and follow you in.

THat is if you mofos didnt mind me bringin a honda rancher along. :whistling:

I don't mind at all...you could head up to my house the night before the "long haul" and we could head out in the morning together if you want...or you could meet us the morning we leave, whatever works best for you. I know they sell race gas there, but don't know how expensive it is and what kind of quantities they have...I just bring 20 gallons of race gas and 10 gallons of pump for the 450.

If it only took you 3 hours to get to presidents island, the dirt track I go to as well as the asphalt track shouldn't be more than 2.5 hours from you, probably less. What highways did you take to come up?

I don't mind at all...you could head up to my house the night before the "long haul" and we could head out in the morning together if you want...or you could meet us the morning we leave, whatever works best for you. I know they sell race gas there, but don't know how expensive it is and what kind of quantities they have...I just bring 20 gallons of race gas and 10 gallons of pump for the 450.

If it only took you 3 hours to get to presidents island, the dirt track I go to as well as the asphalt track shouldn't be more than 2.5 hours from you, probably less. What highways did you take to come up?

I55 all the way from Jackson. It was prolly more like 3.5 hours, but didnt seem that long.

So 20 gal of race gas would get you thru bout 3 full days of riding? :ohmy:

I shouldnt have any problem then. Lol I'll just be off to walmart to get a couple more jugs.

Are the tracks still open?

Oh, ok..you took a different route than I thought...you were about 15 minutes from my house. :beer:

20 gallons of race fuel will do me fine, probably more than I need since I won't be taking the banshee any further than the drag strip. Especially this next trip, I'll have an override and marvins all around, won't be the best duner :biggrin:

Apshalt strip is open until late november but I won't be making it out any more this year. Last trip I made to the dirt track I blew a base gasket and don't plan on fixing it for just one month of racing. I'm going to rebuild it with the cub and start fresh for next year :woot:

Is everybody cool with those dates? March 29th-April 1st?

so when you guys going... i normally go easter weekend every yr... might have to change it... easter weekend is fun for family oriented but ppl take up camp sites for snakehunt the following weekend so no where to park but empty camping spots.... so might be time for change.. when yougoing again....

Whats the fuel situation at LS. Is there a place to get race fuel

They sell 111 race fuel down there...it's was $7.50 a gallon :blink:

but they do have it down there...

Whats the fuel situation at LS. Is there a place to get race fuel or

does someone need to bring a 55 gal drum?

I would haul any race fuel you want, and you can buy your pump gas in town, which is about 5 minutes away. Make sure you DO NOT buy your fuel from LS powersports if you can. When I was out there a few weeks ago he was selling pump gas for $2.89 a gallon while the stations five minutes down the road in town had it for like $2.06. It's unbelievable how bad he price gouges people.