Here is one to chew on

majicmike

thats a caracal.. its aprox 1297cc's for the twin and somewhere in the 1800 range for the tripple..

the average joe cant get them without getting in touch with calvin for approval first (pretty much builders can only put them together for possibly a customer)

k&t isnt the only builder that can build one.. one of the first to have it done (at least to the point it was at the ps races)..

as far as i know there are/is 5 of them being built.. or at least there are parts for that many ready..

the cost is pretty spendy too.. your looking into some big bucks to get the parts only for it.. put it this way its like 2500 or so for the trans alone.. then you still need the crank, top end, cases, carbs (650 each), pipes, ect...

you should expect in the 15k range at the least for the motor.. at least thats what i was told.

then youve got to consider the chassis, around 1k for the rear wheels isnt unheard of.. but then again they are only 26in 14paddle kevlar rippers (12x12 rims)

there are also rumors of one beign dyno'd in the 190's hp range, and a lots of nitrous can be sprayed as long as you get a progressive nitrous controller, other wise it will just blow the tires away off the line.. :ohmy:

p.s.

there are supposed to be different versions of that motor going into production as well.. i cant remember the third one but its supposed to go from semitar, _______, and the caracal..

then going to tripples..

That is K&TS twin saber the caracal is bigger yet :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

i am new to banshee's and i dont own one yet, i am just a motor builder and have read a bunch on these things, and im more interested in the motors that anything else.

does this motor have to do with the talk about the 2 500CC dirtbike cylinders being machined to fit onto a banshee??

if so, could someone PM me or reply to this with a link with more information on this motor. because i am very interested in this.

triples are nice..........but this motor beat every triple it raced at the planet sand drag including the builders triple which made 263hp while I was on the phone with him. The beast is a twin sabber at 1150cc its right up there with the biggest triple.

that big twin was also putting 70hp per hole of nos at it too. did take long and it broke

you can get in touch with calvin pollet with cp industries about building one, but there is a waiting list, and it is at his preference wether or not you will get the opportunity to build it..

o0ohh sweet sweet.

well, could stock cases or a set of billet cases possibly be modded to fit those 2cylinders...

no, not at all stock cases nor the regular billet cases will fit a caracal type motor in it.. the caracal cases are as wide as tripple cases to fit both cylinders.. your talking about building a 15k+ motor that pretty much takes custom everything to run..

• 2 weeks later...
theres no reason to push that motor over 16k rpm's... it makes peak power in the 9-10k range..

also a good point that i was told about them is that they are so over built you could do pretty much what ever you wanted with it (power adder wise)..

y not? that what topendpipes should be made for. higher RPM power correct?say if the power comes on at 13k or so...but running a Big Stroker motor the power would come on eairler but yet still carry all the way out untill your done revving that gear.

the torque that motor makes is stupid, ive been told about a few people that have been raising the exhaust ports much higher than needed just to get the compression and torque down..

each motor is different and takes a different set up..

I wish there were still some pics of it on here

• 4 weeks later...
I wish there were still some pics of it on here

if i remember, i will bring my camera to the shop and get some pictures of ours, the scimitar cylindered motor is a limited deal, only 7 were made ( ours,cliff's,packard's,nfr's,treadheavy's,mattoon's and k&t) so don't get your hopes up on getting one,lol

p.s. ours if for sale $22,500.00 :biggrin:

to answer all of the questions.................... they are a 76mm stroke x 95mm bore twin which comes to 1079cc's

they put out 185-195hp and around 105-112 lb ft of torque

the cost to build the engine is upwards of $16k

and the peak rpm's of the big stroke combo are a super high revving 9,800,lol :banghead: