Rev vs. Green Sticker

i would say the same i looked into buying and reg mine in nevada brothere lives there but decided against i will only reide in the allowed months anyways.

i herd you have to buy a pass to ride in ca if over 2 weeks or something but that can be avoided i just got here

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is the point of having the red and green stickers? Why can only certain bikes run certain times of the year? Emissions can't be the reason, there isn't anything different about a banshee's engine throughout the years so why are some penalized and others not? This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard, I feel really bad for you all in Cali :confused:

the red and green thing for differant years is kinda like a grandfather thing... they got ALOT of ppl going to the courts when they started it becasue they had thier bike then all of the sudden this new law screwed them... so it took a while and they made the cutoff at 98 i want to say and then they bumped it to 2000....

this state is fuking retarded!

its just like having to run a spark arresster in glamis... wtf is going to catch on fire? i can see in the wood or trials where fires are very liekly to happen but comon sand dunes?

we had a big ass fire built under one of the big trees there close to olds hill and nothing came close to catching on fire.. if an open flame started by race gas dosent get it going chance of a stray spark doing it? lets say your more liley to get hit by lightening in the same spot 2 times in a row while holding the winning lotto ticket...

Yeah kinda sucks if you have a red sticker. They did it to try to get people to buy 4 strokes becuase all the 4 strokes get green stikcers except 1, but it is on of the Kawi 250 dirtbikes.

I am just glad they bumped it up form 97' to 03'

My boy has a CRF450 it came with a red sticker ..he bought it from the dealer in 04 i believe.. :shrug:

My boy has a CRF450 it came with a red sticker ..he bought it from the dealer in 04 i believe.. :shrug:

That is weird I guess because it is considered a race bike?

I just looked at the yamaha website the 2006 yfz450s are "california green sticker compliant" The 2007 models don't say anything about that.

I just looked at the yamaha website the 2006 yfz450s are "california green sticker compliant" The 2007 models don't say anything about that.

hmm, who knows...

just because they say green sticker compliant doesnt mean a thing... my buddy got his wife an 06 and they got red on it...

DMV sent me a green sticker for my 03 shee. I was happy i thought red sticker was a temp thing. then a month later they sent me a red sticker saying they made a mistake. I think i lost the letter whoops. i guess ill keep my green sticker till 2007. :evil: Cant i just buy a 2000 she frame with a title and swap all the parts to get a green sticker?

I don't know if yours is like fla's but, the green part is A large sticker w/ another sticker in the middle (w/ the #'s on it ), just keep the green part & put the # part on top of it every year.

I've never seen A red sticker in fla. you can ride year round if you can take the heat!

On that note keep the cold fronts A comming It's only been in the low 90's this week :thanks:

• 2 weeks later...

that system is the biggest bullshit I heard. Why bother even letting the dealer sell the quad if you cant even ride it. The sticker color is based solely on year of bike and not emission content? do they do this in ny too? I live on long island and there is no legal place to ride here anyway, but what if I want to go upstate? I have an 06 and if I want to ride legally I cant? Atvs couldnt even remotely contribute as much pollution as an automobile. Why not just ban any 8 cyl non commercial vehicle in cali instead? There is no reason why soccer moms need to be driving 6 liter tanks around. FUCK the Government.

that system is the biggest bullshit I heard. Why bother even letting the dealer sell the quad if you cant even ride it. The sticker color is based solely on year of bike and not emission content? do they do this in ny too? I live on long island and there is no legal place to ride here anyway, but what if I want to go upstate? I have an 06 and if I want to ride legally I cant? Atvs couldnt even remotely contribute as much pollution as an automobile. Why not just ban any 8 cyl non commercial vehicle in cali instead? There is no reason why soccer moms need to be driving 6 liter tanks around. FUCK the Government.

Well a red sticker only allows you to ride 8 months out of the year. Alot of people have em' too. I personally wouldn't buy another bike with a red sticker, but if i had one (which my 01' shee used too ) I would have to deal with it.