NOOB QUESTION FOR BOTTOM END

ZachBreck

OK fellas, 05 SHEE, proflow with K&N with a box lid that really doesn't count as a lid, mostly holes, and FMF's. I have 260 main jets and it screams top in. If I am in neutral and peg it it bogs, almost dieing before it will rev it. It sounds like it's getting to much air on the bottom end. I moved the clips down 1 to the 4th, I am in ohio (average temp and elivation), where do I need to get the extra fuel for the bottom end at ???

OK fellas, 05 SHEE, proflow with K&N with a box lid that really doesn't count as a lid, mostly holes, and FMF's. I have 260 main jets and it screams top in. If I am in neutral and peg it it bogs, almost dieing before it will rev it. It sounds like it's getting to much air on the bottom end. I moved the clips down 1 to the 4th, I am in ohio (average temp and elivation), where do I need to get the extra fuel for the bottom end at ???

Sounds to me like you need bigger mains. I'd throw some 300's in there and set your air

screws to about 1.5 turns out and throw the lid away. May wind up going to 290 or 280's.

What do your plugs look like?

First, make sure you don't have any intake leaks between the Carbs and intake.

When you go for throttle it'll start sucking air from a leak, making it go lean, and bog.

if no obvious leaks, You can then try the choke trick, to prove whether you need a larger pilot.

Throw it to half-choke (after warming it up) , and see if the Bog gets worse or better from 0 to 1/4 throttle.

If the bog gets better, or goes away, then you have proven that "richening" it is the key, and that calls for a larger pilot.

I too think you can go up on your Mains. It screams at top, but, you could be screaming lean.

300 is a good place to go to for your set-up. it's Ok to go to higher numbers, [Rich] then work down.

But, fix that low end bog first. If you upsize your pilot, you will be richening throughout your overall throttle range. Then you may find 280s or 290's OK, especially since colder weather is coming to Ohio.

Good Luck.

1. Make sure you don't have any intake leaks,

2. then try the choke trick.

(You don't need to run more than a couple minutes choked, it's not necessary only to prove the Bog is better or worse).

Plugs look OK, but I went climbing this weekend and didn't run into the high RPM range, the shee did fine but when I'm comming into gear to start I just have to rev the hell out of it to get her moving without boggin. Thanks for the awesome choke trick, I'll try it this weekend. The nearest shop is down from where I work (about an hour and a half from home). The piolets just as cheap as the mains ? Is it worth my money to go ahead and move up a size or to ? I only plan on adding more power so should I go ahead and stick them in if I am going to be pulling the bowls off all weekend. Thanks guys and I really appreciate the help on this !

Plugs look OK, but I went climbing this weekend and didn't run into the high RPM range, the shee did fine but when I'm comming into gear to start I just have to rev the hell out of it to get her moving without boggin. Thanks for the awesome choke trick, I'll try it this weekend. The nearest shop is down from where I work (about an hour and a half from home). The piolets just as cheap as the mains ? Is it worth my money to go ahead and move up a size or to ? I only plan on adding more power so should I go ahead and stick them in if I am going to be pulling the bowls off all weekend. Thanks guys and I really appreciate the help on this !

Try www.JetsRus.com for your Jets. I've ordered all my genuine Mikuni jets from them, no problems. And yes, their pilot jets are the correct version for the Banshee.

i wouldn't buy and/or install a new pilot until I had verified the problem.

What altitude do you live, and what Altitude where you had the problem?

(ie, do live near sea level and have the problem up in the mountains?)

-Check for air leaks first

-Try choke trick

Then determine if you are dealing with a rick or lean issue.

ONLY after all that should you start buying/replacing parts.

Sometimes you cna get lucky, other times only make it worse, or mask the real problem.

Take the time to figure it out, or at least geta decent idea of what is causing it.

good luck.

Pilot jets run about $6 apiece at Jets r Us. Mains run about $2.99 , don't quote me, but Pilots cost more for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a simular problem. I have a 97 banshee that i just bought 3 days ago. This is my first banshee. The problem is...When im riding, top end is awesome...but say in 2nd gear coming out of a corner when i hit the throttle, it dont want to go till about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. And it runs great unless i let it go under 1/2 throttle. It just seems to hesitate. but it will do it in all gears. My buddy has a all stock banshee and his dont do that. His will pull when ever you hit the throttle. Mine has FMF gold series pipes and a moose boost bottle and was told it was jetted. But the good thing...i smoked my buddies stock banshee...lol I also live in ohio.

Edited by Bandit

• 4 weeks later...

ya i got a 98 shee this summer and bottom end has been running really bad. so i checked different stuff out like the slides and cleaning the carbs. so i took the pilots out and guesse what one pilot jet was 30 the other one was a 42.5!!! im surprised it even ran lol. so i ordered 27.5s for it. but i have k&n pods and fmf fattys with boyseen reeds and boost bottle with 280 main so i think the 27.5s with get my shee runnin quiet a bit better. i live in michigan but im really close to ohio. so if any body thinks that i should do somthing else too let me know. thanks