geometry

I have reed many things on the dinosaur age frame of the banshee, especially on the MX forum. Does any body can explain me what is wrong with that frame?? I am also a mountain biker so i understand what the right numbers and angles at the right place can do but i can't see it on a wheeler frame. What is the banshee frame compare to the famous 250r frame??

thank

So has anyone experimented with changing the front end of the Banshee? I know having the bottom rails where the lower a-arms mount skinnier helps handing quite a bit and having a-arms that are foward more than backwards are better too. Would it be possible to cut out the bottom rails, make it skinnier (like the new KFX450R, I'll even post up a couple of pics), then you could possibly fabricate the lower a-arm to be longer and still fit in the stock shock position. I know aftermarket frames used this idea and it worked quite well.

ecc32177.jpg

ecc32174.jpg

Thats all make sense. I was also looking at the frame and thinking of cutting and welding it for modification. My banshee is brand new so i will wait some times before doing it or maybe i'll buy a used frame. Tell me if you do it or if you get more info about it.

This is a Walsh Race Craft frame for the CRF. Notice how the KFX450R frame and this frame have the same front end design. There has to be a reason why aftermarket frames would have the railing set up like that.

chs-crf.jpg

the problem with that idea is that the unequal length of the arms will produce a huge camber change, which is unfavorable.

to do it properly you need to narrow the upper arm mounts inward the same amount. to see a perfect example of this check out this thread.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37600

thats the way it should be done.

How does a banshee with +2+1 arms, good suspesnsion, and a shortened swingarm compare to the handling of a 250r? I know it still can't touch it as far as weight goes

It's much better, but still no 250r. Get some Blaster pegs also, huge inprovement.

Here is what I had at first.

85.jpg

Here is true 250r Geometry frame.

71.jpg

the problem with that idea is that the unequal length of the arms will produce a huge camber change, which is unfavorable.

to do it properly you need to narrow the upper arm mounts inward the same amount. to see a perfect example of this check out this thread.

I was talking about adding length to the other side of the a-arm. It would be keeping the same stock a-arm length to the outside, just the frame would be made skinnier thus needing a little added length on the inside of the a-arm. Just like how the KFX450R and aftermarket frames do it. It should not affect the overall length of the quad at all.

Get some Blaster pegs also, huge inprovement.

Why on Earth would you want to get Blaster pegs? I'm going to rig up some YFZ pegs sometime here in the future, they are much better than any Blaster or Banshee peg.

I was talking about adding length to the other side of the a-arm. It would be keeping the same stock a-arm length to the outside, just the frame would be made skinnier thus needing a little added length on the inside of the a-arm. Just like how the KFX450R and aftermarket frames do it. It should not affect the overall length of the quad at all.

Why on Earth would you want to get Blaster pegs? I'm going to rig up some YFZ pegs sometime here in the future, they are much better than any Blaster or Banshee peg.

the blaster pegs are forward and up. compared to the banshee pegs. i was actually looking to put banshee pegs on my blaster. so i can run a banshee brake peddle (to go with my banshee rear brake that i put on).

the blaster pegs are forward and up. compared to the banshee pegs. i was actually looking to put banshee pegs on my blaster. so i can run a banshee brake peddle (to go with my banshee rear brake that i put on).

No, they are down and back two inches each.

How does a banshee with +2+1 arms, good suspesnsion, and a shortened swingarm compare to the handling of a 250r? I know it still can't touch it as far as weight goes

I went from a banshee with Elkas 2+1 arms +4 axle and a -1.5 swinger to a stock width 250r with PEPs. No comparison and all, that 250r could run circles around the banshee. The ballance is perfect, the suspention is perfect, it feels 100 pounds lighter. Can ride twice as hard for twice as long. Its easier to make a 250r fast than a banshee agile.