The final thread on yfz450 shocks.

verdoneracing

Well I have been reading a bunch of the former threads on the yfz450 shocks. What I have gathered is either no don't do them b/c they either screw up the ball joints or the are to stiff. Or people say yes do it they are great and it is worth the fabrication of the shocks or shock mounts. So I want to have one final thread of you guys or gals saying YES put them on or NO it is a waste of time and money. thaknks for the input.

Go away and please don't come back. This has been discussed a million times, and every single time you get the same answers.

1. They are the best thing since sliced bread.

2. They are way better than stock, but not as good as aftermarket.

3. They are junk, stiff as hell, and will fuck up stuff sooner or later.

All this thread is going to do is get the same type of replies. Frankly Im sick of them, and haven't replied to any more of them, except yours. You want the truth, save your money and buy aftermarket BANSHEE shocks.

i ahve them on mine and i love thme i would go with them. but it al depends on what you can spend. if you have the money get some aftermarket shocks but if not go with these.

I just put mine on too- Running them w/ +2 Armadillo arms-

the ball joints look to be kicked out alittle when its unloaded but nothing binds and they still move well- they sit just right when im on the quad-

Took it on the sand sunday- it was awesome- several people rode my quad ( a few bikers that hate Quads too) and they all liked the way it handled-

so thats my .02

i had to shave the right hand side upper mount an 1/8th of an inch, the left slid right in, I think my mount may have been tweaked a little, hence the reason i needed new shocks I f.u.b.a.r.-ed everything on the right side

I gave these shocks the ultimate test today. This afternoon at Birch creek mx I attempted to make their biggest jump, a 110ft tripple with about 120ft of space to get up to speed. I came up short about a bike length and bent my axle to hell. The front shocks held up, did not blow, leak or malfunction even though they severely bottomed. My frame mounts are also still good and no cracks. I can be thankful that I just put a good rear shock on it with a nice new bump stop as well.

The shocks were on their softest setting possible and were pefect for me around the rest of the track earlier today, but they are still on the stiff side for what most people would want. I just wanted to comment on the durrability of the yfz shocks...

are you running them on stock or aftermarket arms?

I gave these shocks the ultimate test today. This afternoon at Birch creek mx I attempted to make their biggest jump, a 110ft tripple with about 120ft of space to get up to speed. I came up short about a bike length and bent my axle to hell. The front shocks held up, did not blow, leak or malfunction even though they severely bottomed. My frame mounts are also still good and no cracks. I can be thankful that I just put a good rear shock on it with a nice new bump stop as well.

The shocks were on their softest setting possible and were pefect for me around the rest of the track earlier today, but they are still on the stiff side for what most people would want. I just wanted to comment on the durrability of the yfz shocks...

Why would you try to jump a 110ft triple with your shocks on the softest setting? Hmm, I wonder why your shocks bottomed out...

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a set tonight on Ebay. I think they will be a huge improvement over my PLAYED Works shocks that are setup for the previous owner who was 175lbs. I weigh 225 and I like the fact all these people say they are stiff. My question is, how nig are all of you that say they suck? Are you a buck fifty? Or 200+?