cub cylinders

strokersquid

just got cubs which were supposed to be clean up ported and plated. i dont see any metal taken off and the bores look like standard bores. does plating make them look any different ? does it cause the non bore areas to look sand cast ? dont want to make a fuss if its not indicated

Where did you get them from? The bores should be shiny chrome looking with some cross hatch patterns. The aluminum often has like an overspray look to it from the Nikasil.

grand river. so most likely its coated but the intakes arent knife like and i can see casting flaws in the transfers. isnt this part of a clean up port ?

It is when we sell them ! As i have said before , several companies are selling them as ported or cleaned up and they are just out of the box cast. :ermm:

It is when we sell them ! As i have said before , several companies are selling them as ported or cleaned up and they are just out of the box cast. :ermm:

strokersquid asked me "were to buy " i replyed something like dan at patriot or jeff at fast ....

but certainly wanted an instant buy on ebay so .... GR ....

lot of tuners claim to port the cubs - blablablabla - most powerfull cubs ---- blabla --

and some of them even don't remove the casting flows and sell them out of the box , full ported for what you ask , plated etc etc .....

if it s ported just get a degree wheel i ll tell you if it's stock or ported ....

geez there shouldnt be any casting flaws on a ported cub . it should be noticable if it

is really ported and yes you ca nport cubs before oR after they are plated but you must

use carbide and diamond and be damn careful how you do it as to avoid flaking around edges.

Edited by rocketboy