Is This A Good Set Up?

White06Shee

those mods arnt going to add that much power to NEED a +4 swinger. yea it will be ezer to hold the front down but it will be very manageable without. and as for having someone else put your new swinger on... thats insane they charge you probly 2 hours labor making it 140 bucks to pull 2 bolts and the axle? balls to that is so fukin ez , do it your self.

They charge around $80 last time I checked and it includes extra chain links, brake line and bearings... for me, that is a very good deal, specially if you don't have the tools to change the brake the chain and to press in the master link

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is pretty cheap, but glendale is like an hour drive for me, but who are you going to have port and polish for you, and how much are they charging you, and also the last guy who posted on here siad to just mill my head so i want peoples opionion on this shit WHAT SHOULD I RUN i only have about 1000.00 bucks to spend tops

Edited by White06Shee

leave the head alone bro.. wait till you need to do your top end.. then have your builder shave the stock one.. i cant justify spending 250 for something thats just going to keep costing more and quite possible have an o-ring go bad and blow your motor...but thats just my .02cents.. go for a ricky stator adjustable timing plate.. bump it up 4 degrees! have fun let us know what you decide

leave the head alone bro.. wait till you need to do your top end.. then have your builder shave the stock one.. i cant justify spending 250 for something thats just going to keep costing more and quite possible have an o-ring go bad and blow your motor...but thats just my .02cents.. go for a ricky stator adjustable timing plate.. bump it up 4 degrees! have fun let us know what you decide

I won the one from bigred350x, should I do plus 4? I have no idea...

that is pretty cheap, but glendale is like an hour drive for me, but who are you going to have port and polish for you, and how much are they charging you, and also the last guy who posted on here siad to just mill my head so i want peoples opionion on this shit WHAT SHOULD I RUN i only have about 1000.00 bucks to spend tops

This is my recommendation

$600 pipes

$120 filters

$220 Reed Valves

$50 Shave head

They charge around $80 last time I checked and it includes extra chain links, brake line and bearings... for me, that is a very good deal, specially if you don't have the tools to change the brake the chain and to press in the master link

that is a VERY good deal... the bearings and dust covers cost 40 bucks alone then another 30 for +4 streamline break line, so if you get all that plus labor for 80 thats well worth it.

This is my recommendation

$600 pipes

$120 filters

$220 Reed Valves

$50 Shave head

120 for filters? i can get pods with outers for less then that look around dont just go to your loca stealer ship.

and VF3 reeds are only 148 bucks.

Dont go over a +2 for trails, believe me on most surfaces with dirt tires you'll just spin the tires with a +4 swinger, now in sand with paddles its a different story.

I would reccommend

Keep the stock swinger for now.

T5's $550

.030" Shaved head $50

Timing plate set at +4 $40

Lightned flywheel $50

If you really want to get crazy

Port cylinders $400-$550 (something like passionre's hot MX 12 port)

With port job you'll need new pistons $175

that is a VERY good deal... the bearings and dust covers cost 40 bucks alone then another 30 for +4 streamline break line, so if you get all that plus labor for 80 thats well worth it.

120 for filters? i can get pods with outers for less then that look around dont just go to your loca stealer ship.

and VF3 reeds are only 148 bucks.

iv had a few pm's about the reeds.. let me clarify it, the 148 isnt new. ebay has them alot of times for 148 used for a set.

Dont go over a +2 for trails, believe me on most surfaces with dirt tires you'll just spin the tires with a +4 swinger, now in sand with paddles its a different story.

I would reccommend

Keep the stock swinger for now.

T5's $550

.030" Shaved head $50

Timing plate set at +4 $40

Lightned flywheel $50

If you really want to get crazy

Port cylinders $400-$550 (something like passionre's hot MX 12 port)

With port job you'll need new pistons $175

I agree...however, I'd look for a used set of T5 pipes and save a few hundo on them.

Between here, Planetsand.com and ebay...you should be able to find a nice used set for 300 or so...

Going radical on the compression is not a great idea for a trail bike, if he's a long way from camp...or a long way from a station with race gas at the pump. Something else to consider...

OK heres what you need to do. I agree, get the +2 swinger, not the +4 for trail riding. You can get one for the stock carrier on ebay for a 100 bucks brand new. Def. go with the T5's they are a much better pipe than the T6's. Get the v force reeds. Def. get an aftermarket head and go with the 21 or 22cc domes, the best reason to get an aftermarket head is when, not if, but when you blow it up, it is a lot easier and cheaper to replace the domes than buy a whole new head, or get the old one re machined. Get a trail port. And set of bigger carbs (which I have a set of 30mm pwk's I will let go pretty cheap and would work great on your set up). Do this and you will have great results, would be an AWSOME trail bike. You are looking at spending about a grand unless you buy everything brand new, then you are looking at quite a bit more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

check out that link, i just bought them. good deal. F chrome for that price. i would keep checking back or contact direct to see if he has any more or maybe is getting some in. nevermind the plus anything swinger, i have mods out the ass and a standard cause i like to jump. stretch your bike out if you want to drag if not dont worry about it. reeds, PORTING, timing plate, GOOD PIPES and you are well on your way for a little while but beware once you start the viscious cycle of moding you bike it will never end........you will always want more until you have a fucking nasa rocket sticking out the back. good luck

ive got an 02 w/ r/s timing plate +4, t-6s, 30mm pwks, k&n pods, vf3s.

w/ the stock gearing i can beat slightly modded 450s & some fat guys on the 700s. :yelrotflmao:

i spent what about you want to & im very happy for now.

But defently want more. :clap:

just some info.

I also agree about the stock swinger idea. I figured if you had made up your mind about getting a new swinger, don't go over a plus 2, thats what I had on my trail bike, worked good. But you aren't going to have enough power to worry about kicking it back in any gear or anything. The stock one should work good too. I also agree.....once you start spending money on it, it will never stop, first a few hunderd.....then a thousand.......then 3-4 thousand. It never stops. lol

BTW: 02Sandshee, you "should" be able to beat some 450's pretty damn good with those mods, unless they are modded pretty good......try gearing it up some, go with a 15 on the front. It helped my trail bike quite a bit when I had roughly the same mods you did and I could spank 450's and 660's most of the time.