jetting question

DUB

what do we think about what? if ur asking if those jetting specs are right, how would we know? you need to do a plug check and see how your plugs look for the main jet and does it idle with that pilot? how does it run?

ok thanks. I was just wondering if I were in the ball park. And the reason why I thought you or any of you would know is because this is the "HQ" and im sure at least a few people out there has ran this similar set-up before. Anyway thanks again for all the help.

I run in the same conditions as you (sea Level---900ft).........I have 35 kehien....CPI's...yada yada.....I am running ...(thanks to RNBRAD for the tech help)...........55 p...160 m .....cel 4thclip....1 1/2 turns.......I dicked with it a lot........and this seems to be the most responsive.....it snaps instantly!!...........plugs look perfect!

How do you like your ceramic coated pipes?.............I just had mine done, but havnt been a a long ride................do you notice a HP difference?

Edited by Polish

I can only assume that you are using Keihin carbs....??????? If, so what type and size?

28mm pwk's, taper bored to 29mm

I run in the same conditions as you (sea Level---900ft).........I have 35 kehien....CPI's...yada yada.....I am running ...(thanks to RNBRAD for the tech help)...........55 p...160 m .....cel 4thclip....1 1/2 turns.......I dicked with it a lot........and this seems to be the most responsive.....it snaps instantly!!...........plugs look perfect!

How do you like your ceramic coated pipes?.............I just had mine done, but havnt been a a long ride................do you notice a HP difference?

not sure yet. im taking it out next weekend. Ill let you know

I really have to laugh at this post subject..... (incomplete information)

SO..., you are using 28 mm keihin carbs (nice to know this information now);

The CEL needles that "Polish" recommends will not work in the 28 mm carbs!

As far as your 28 mm Keihin carbs are concerned, they are tapered to 29mm STOCK from Keihin (part of the casting process)

So now that we know you have stock Keihin PWK 28 mm carbs, your set up with 52 pilots and 160 mains sound very close for you. A good base line for the PWK 28 at sea level would be the stock JJH needle with a 155 main and 55 pilot jets.

Jetting is very subjective and you should always adjust for your particular riding styles, temps, and conditions.

If the 52 / 160 is working for you now and the bike is not complaining and running clean, use it.

Ron

As far as your 28 mm Keihin carbs are concerned, they are tapered to 29mm STOCK from Keihin (part of the casting process)

So now that we know you have stock Keihin PWK 28 mm carbs, your set up with 52 pilots and 160 mains sound very close for you. A good base line for the PWK 28 at sea level would be the stock JJH needle with a 155 main and 55 pilot jets.

Jetting is very subjective and you should always adjust for your particular riding styles, temps, and conditions.

If the 52 / 160 is working for you now and the bike is not complaining and running clean, use it.

Ron

oh I see...so they say their 28's but there really 29's? stupid me I thought since I bought them from a guy used and he said they were 28's I thought he taper bored them cause my calipers read 29.2mm..........Hmmmm interesting.

Ron

I didnt recomend it JACKHOLE...............I just posted what I was using......... :tongue:

Its OK!......we have all been JACKHOLES on this site one time or another :yelrotflmao:

And I'm sure most of us know that Jetting is very significant to the type and size of the carb!!!!!!

Yea, but I did understand the question and did not make the assumption that he was running the same carbs as you were, especially with the jetting suggested :baseball_mitt:

I did, read the 28 mm part :baseball_sleep:

Yea, but I did understand the question and did not make the assumption that he was running the same carbs as you were, especially with the jetting suggested :baseball_mitt:

I did, read the 28 mm part :baseball_sleep:

Hey lets call you JACKHOLE from now on!!!.............anyways the mention of carbs was about 1 post after my origional.................his jetting is so close to me 35 PWK,s I figured it was a pretty close setup.....(especially since we are running the same pipes)...............and as far as his jetting suggested.... I tried the same setup until mine was dialed in on my 35PWK,s................ :baseball_w00t:

Edited by Polish