new suspension

christ6

i wanna get a new suspension for my bike, stock isnt the greatest and i like to jump alot. I am thinking about doing some mx racing next spring so i plan on upgrading my suspension. Just wondering what a good all around suspension upgrade would be. I plan on doin the a-arms and front shocks soon and maybe the rear shocks, swingarm and axel later on.

i want a good setup but not they very very best, i dont have a fortune to spend so i guess im looking for a setup that will do well in mx if i decide to get into it but not something thats overkill. yet something that will work way better than stock or low quality aftermarkets

i dont really know a whole lot about shocks n such, so im looking for opinions on what to buy. brands, lengths, widths ect... like i said i dont know much about this stuff but i wanna learn, so i can make my own informed decisions so please explain why i would wanna go +/- or standard travel vs long, ressies/no ressies ect...

thanks for help guys

Get some +2+1 a-arms and either elka or tcs shocks with a resevoir. When you get ur frontend done u are really gonna notice the shortcomings of the stock rear shock. You are only gonna be able to go as fast as the rear shock allows even with a kickass frontend. Its only about $400 to revalve and respring the rear shock so u might as well do it cuz u won't notice a big increase in speed in the whoops unless u do both the front and rear at the same time. Same goes for jumping,the rear will still bottom-out, even if you have a good frontend.

Edited by letsgetthisdone

well i would get some elkas with no rezzies because there good and cheap and lateron you can get rezzies for them. maybe some full flight a arms and get the back shocks worked on for sure. and i would go with the g force axle because there strong an cheap. and i dont know how much it is to get the swingarm cut but i would probly get it cut to -1 to give you some more traction. but it all depends on how much money your willing to spend. but im with DMC i would go with elka ther good shocks.

I bought my USED set of LONESTAR arms +2+1 on fleabay for 350.00. then had them powdercoated....75. so for 425, I got brand new LS's with Heim Joints.

I then spent about 1300 on front and a rear (rebuilt) shocks from TCS.

AWESOME improvement over stock. and major power gains. now that I have traction from my suspension.

• 1 month later...

Try giving Shane at Wolfpack racing a call. I just bought a set of top of the line front Ohlins for $725, retail is over $1200. These are comp, rebound and preload adjustable, built to your liking, but there maybe none left so give him a call. Also bought an ohlins rear, comp (Hi, Low,) rebond and preload for $525.

Chris