Sand MNT, Nevada.

Ok Guys I need some info. I need to know where I can buy a pass for sand Mt.? Also, is there a place where I can take my rear tire off my dirt bike to get the paddle tire installed? My bike is down waiting for vent hoses for the carb and I would like to ride it before I pack it up just I have to work on it if it decides to not want to run. Oh I almost forgot, I don't have a sticker on my dirt bike and was wondering if that will be checked on my way in to ride? Any more info you guys want to give would be greatly appreciated. I have never ridden at Sand Mt so any info/tips would be well welcomed.

If anyone else would like to come out and play with us lets us know, the more the merrier

You can get a week pass at the mountain itself $40.00 bucks.You don't need a permit or sticker for the bike or the 'shee just whip flags.As for getting your tire swaped There may be someone there that will do it for you but I would'nt re-lie on it though,Your best bet would be to get it swaped at home or stop in reno on your way and have it done.As for what to expect out there as far as riding I recommend cruising around at a normal pace untill you see all the drop offs and other obstickles and all the peaple that will be riding around in every direction.

Heres a quick vid of my ride.Just go done fixen it from blowen it up two weeks ago.

th_newcylvid.jpg

You can get a week pass at the mountain itself $40.00 bucks.You don't need a permit or sticker for the bike or the 'shee just whip flags.As for getting your tire swaped There may be someone there that will do it for you but I would'nt re-lie on it though,Your best bet would be to get it swaped at home or stop in reno on your way and have it done.As for what to expect out there as far as riding I recommend cruising around at a normal pace untill you see all the drop offs and other obstickles and all the peaple that will be riding around in every direction.

Heres a quick vid of my ride.Just go done fixen it from blowen it up two weeks ago.

th_newcylvid.jpg

All that nice bling and those big ol dumbo ears hiding it. What a shame.

There usually isn't any problems with theft, but when we first started goin' out there there were like 5 bikes stolen. Rumor had it that it was some of the locals in Fallon, that got into it with one of the groups out there and decided to snatch there rides. But I haven't heard of any problems since then.

It's an awesome place to ride though. On the holiday weekends it gets pretty packed so go early, but on the off weekends it is great............... :beer:

How is the weather out there at Sand Mountain right now? I have been waiting for the summer to pass so we can go ride it. I have been out there on Too Many Hot Days to even bother any more. Any time its hard to breathe cuz of the hot wind....its time for moving indoors.

I myself have never had any problems out there ... knock on wood. been goin to sand mountain now for 7 yr's. Camping is great, riding is even better.

Have fun and enjoy!